Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  5:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug and I moved all the furniture in on the 10th and now we are just unpacking and cleaning the other place. I am so happy out here and I think Doug is adjusting really well. Tala got to come home yesterday and I am really glad because this winter has been hard on her. I hadn't gotten to see her for a while due to school and such and I am glad she is now under my direct supervision because she is a bit thin. I am feeding her lots of high quality hay and some Purina Strategy. I expect to see her get back into condition relatively quickly.

Wow! The landlord put up an electric fence for Tala! Isn't that nice! What a difference from our current landlord that took 2.5 YEARS to get a simple 30 foot section of the yard fenced!

Oh Lord! Moving is hard work! If this doesn't help me shed a few pounds- I don't know what will! I feel great though! Nora, Stormy and I went to the new place today. We first walked around the immediate property and decided where we are going to fence in for Tala. Then we walked across the hay field to go say hello to the cows. Stormy was running around like her wildest dreams had just come true. Lucky dog doesn't know they really have! She is going to love living out there! Nora was glowing with happiness. It was a perfect morning! Then we moved in the little load that we had brought with us- mostly some cleaning supplies and toys for Nora. We got all the upstairs floors mopped and the bathroom cleaned then got Nora's new cardboard playhouse all set up so she can have fun playing while the rest of us work. LOL The place has lots of closet spaces and most of them are huge. One of them is going to be a play house for Nora and it has a light which is great. I'll post pictures this evening once we are a bit more moved in. We are going to take one or two more loads out today and then we will have the movig truck on Monday!

We Got it!!

Doug talked to our landlord yesterday and we are in!! Yay! The only thing I am a TAD nervous about is that he wants a professional guy to come out and put up the electric fence for Tala. I am not sure how much that is going to cost but I am worried that he will want us to pay for it. I had been doing some research and was going to put up our own fence for around 300 dollars including the Solar electric generator. I hope this part of the deal doesn't get too expesive for our budget!

So...the great clean up has begun! I think I will swing buy the used box store today and pick up some packing boxes and tape. We can start getting our "storage" stuff packed up and ready to go. We have a month so if we go slow and steady it shouldn't be too bad!

We just went and looked at a house today. It is an old style farmhouse with original wood floors. No fireplace (darn!) but it does have a screened in front porch and central heat (Yay!). Two beds upstairs with a sitting room in the upstairs area (Huge closets where the dormers are) and a "master" bedroom downstairs with the only bath. Outside is premium alfafa hay fields that the landlord actively harvests, three loafing sheds/barns and a creek.

Clothes line and room for garden are encouraged.

For only $100 a month more I can have my horse and a steer to raise for butcher. Possible chickens! I am so excited! I really want this place!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Jan 12 2012 08:45:07 AM

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  5:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Hoping you get it Alee. It sounds great even if it doesn't have a fireplace.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  6:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great, Alee! Hope you can get it!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  7:23:19 PM  Show Profile
It sounds nice! I hope you get it!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  7:26:44 PM  Show Profile
wonderful! keep us posted!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  8:11:28 PM  Show Profile
That sounds great! That would be convenient to have hay so nearby.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  05:34:19 AM  Show Profile
Keeping my fingers crossed. I so hope that you get it. It sounds wonderful.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Ladies!! It's looking soo good right now! The landlord on Sunday said we were the best fit so far (*Yay!) and I texted him tonight offerig to pay upfront for a total of 4 months (first, last and two additional months). He just needs some more information but it looks like this could be a very good thing. I might even be able to have chickens! How great would that be?! I am so excited! I honestly am about to burst! I am praying so hard right now that I get this place!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  10:43:57 AM  Show Profile
So excited for you! What a great place for your little lady to run around!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MilitaryFarmGirl
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  12:31:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee- Just saw your post and I have my fingers and toes crossed for you! It sounds just wonderful- everything about it!
Good luck to you! Please let us know how it works out. What a wonderful Christmas present that would be!
Holiday Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  1:16:41 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like a dream come true! Sure hope you all get it. I'm still working on trying to get my chickens this spring. Getting the coop built is slow going since we are seemingly never home. Hope that changes come January and we can spend more time here in Cheyenne. If we can't get it built I think I'll do the dog crate conversion as a stop gap measure. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you to get this rental!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  6:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone!

I sent in a page of references, phone numbers and our personal info yesterday via email. All my credit references including our current landlords have said they will give an excellent record. I gave more than was requested and offered to prepay for four months (first, last, plus two additional) We even offered to set up a bank account to transfer him the funds instead of having to mail the funds which he REALLY seemed to like. I just really hope it works out.

We might even be able to car-pool with a friend from work because she will live about 6 miles away. Plus a farmgirl will be just about a mile down the road!! This would be such a wonderful place!

He says the elk come down right in to the front yard and that often times there are trophy size elk in the area. I would love to see that!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  06:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Alee, it sounds wonderful! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted :)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  06:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Kim!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  3:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The landlord called one of my credit references today! She gave a great review so I am really excited! He likes us enough that he is calling the credit references. :) YAY!!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  5:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Boy! I bet you are on pins and needles! This just sounds like the ideal place for your family. He should call us farmgirls, we'd give you glowing reviews! Fingers and toes are still crossed. Better hurry before they cramp up!

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  9:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well ladies! It looks like we are getting our little rental farmette!! They offer it to us today and they honestly sound like fantastic people. I am really excited to be moving out there. It all feels very surreal! :) I will post pictures as soon as we get the green light to go over there!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  10:07:45 PM  Show Profile
YIPEE! I'm so happy for you Alee. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  01:09:38 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Alee!! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see pictures :)

Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  06:45:38 AM  Show Profile
oh alee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how awesome for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can hear the excitement in your words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will wait for pics.......

can you be in before Christmas????????????? **edit-well if i had read your update first i would know but still-can ya?????

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Edited by - Penny Wise on Dec 13 2011 06:47:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  06:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Contrats!!!! So happy for you. When will the move take place?

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  06:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We have to give 30 days notice so 30 days from today!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  09:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Woo hoo! Party time! I bet your head is swimming with the plans for your new place in 2012!

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  11:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! What a great update!!!

Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  11:58:07 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alee

We Got it!!

Doug talked to our landlord yesterday and we are in!! Yay! The only thing I am a TAD nervous about is that he wants a professional guy to come out and put up the electric fence for Tala. I am not sure how much that is going to cost but I am worried that he will want us to pay for it. I had been doing some research and was going to put up our own fence for around 300 dollars including the Solar electric generator. I hope this part of the deal doesn't get too expesive for our budget!

So...the great clean up has begun! I think I will swing buy the used box store today and pick up some packing boxes and tape. We can start getting our "storage" stuff packed up and ready to go. We have a month so if we go slow and steady it shouldn't be too bad!

We just went and looked at a house today. It is an old style farmhouse with original wood floors. No fireplace (darn!) but it does have a screened in front porch and central heat (Yay!). Two beds upstairs with a sitting room in the upstairs area (Huge closets where the dormers are) and a "master" bedroom downstairs with the only bath. Outside is premium alfafa hay fields that the landlord actively harvests, three loafing sheds/barns and a creek.

Clothes line and room for garden are encouraged.

For only $100 a month more I can have my horse and a steer to raise for butcher. Possible chickens! I am so excited! I really want this place!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  12:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, Alee--I always miss so much when I'm offline at night! I can't wait to see pictures of little Nora running wild through the fields!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic 90% moved in! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page