Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Hobby Farm dream becomes a reality.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Hobby Farm dream becomes a reality. Next Topic  

BusyBeeMary
True Blue Farmgirl

178 Posts

Mary
Nampa Idaho
178 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  7:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Send BusyBeeMary a Yahoo! Message
Had to share with some like minded women. Nobody understands me where I live. *(suburbia in california) I was raised on a farm, have always considered myself a country girl even though I live in the suburbs. Have always grown as much of our own food as possible in the yards we've had, have always canned and what I can't grow I buy from local farmers. I have had chickens but can't in this house.. love quilting, aprons, cowgirl boots and rodeo's. Most women in the area I live in think I have two heads. Few relate to me here. If it wasn't for my art group I'd have no connection to other women besides the people at my work.

Well, I bought a house on two acres in Idaho. Going to grow a huge garden, compost, have a chicken coop, raise my own... everything, cann my own everything and wear my cowgirl boots with pride. Bye bye suburbs of california.

My husband just hung up his badge and retired from law enforcement in the big city... and Im finishing out this last year as a teacher of autistic kids. Gonna go fishing, too. We raised 5 kids, worked hard for this long time dream of ours. Idaho, here we come!!! can't wait to build that chicken coop.

To Live a Full life one must LOVE MANY THINGS- Vincent Van Gogh

Mary Fitzpatrick
http//www.Thepurplecrazylady.blogspot.com

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  7:40:44 PM  Show Profile
Congrats! Isn't it wonderful to get out?? We are closing on our farm next week sometime (keeps getting delayed). My husband still works law enforcement. It sure will be fun to dream along with you and plan for all the fun fabulous things to do at our new places! :) MaryJanesFarm is a great place for finding like minded folks! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  07:20:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, Mary, I am so happy for you! Have a great new adventure!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  07:40:29 AM  Show Profile
That is AWESOME!!! You do your thing and who cares what anyone thinks that has always been my motto! Lets See pics
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  11:34:13 AM  Show Profile
How fun and exciting! We just moved into our place the end of August. Lots of dreaming going on for the springtime! :) Congratulations!!!!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  06:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Mary! Keep us up to date :)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Hobby Farm dream becomes a reality. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page