Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  7:36:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi there,
It's seems like a long way away but in the Spring I'm going to offer Parties to sell Barefoot Books. So this winter I'm getting organized.
Thought it would be fun to offer themes for kids.
My one theme will be a fairy garden party. Kids can make their own fairy garden in a pot.

I was looking for stuff to embellish, accessorize the gardens. Can be anything really. You can use your imagination (think what fairies might find and collect) Ie: thimbles, bits of broken jewlery, earrings missing their mates, keys, beads, coins . . . . ..etc. dig in your junk drawer-I'm open to anything.

I really don't have a lot to offer.
I guess I could pay for postage and handling and or include my favorite cake mix in a jar.

Thanks
Jessi Lynn

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  8:55:39 PM  Show Profile
You might be surprised what you might have that someone would want Jessi. Why, the way my kids go through clothes I would even accept secondhand children's undies for swaps if they were reasonably clean! :D

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  06:14:48 AM  Show Profile
oooooh i have all kinds of fairy "trinkets" as i am a crafter in the first degree! your favorite cake in a jar sounds like a lovely swap. be prepared to get lots of trinkets! where do i send?

Marti Seelye
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  06:17:09 AM  Show Profile
whoa! i'm a new farmgirl member, and have a stopsign? wahhhhhh!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13643 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13643 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  07:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jessi,
I'll be reorganizing and such . . . I'll send anything I find that I think might work. And I don't want anything in return . . . it'll be nice to pass some things along!
It will take a few weeks . . . but it sounds like you're not wanting it right away anyway!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 30 2011 07:09:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  09:02:28 AM  Show Profile
hi Jessi Lynn what is barefoot books?

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  4:24:02 PM  Show Profile
Well that's great to know Dusky Beauty. What size clothes are your kids, girls/boys.
Cheryl Keyes:
Barefoot Books is an independent publishler of childrens' books. Started by two moms looking for beautiful but educational books.
Quoted from their website:
"Explore. Imagine. Create. Connect. Give Back. That’s what Barefoot Books is all about. It’s exploring other cultures, our planet, ourselves. It’s making time for make-believe and letting imaginations run wild and free. Most of all, it’s about using the power of stories to nourish the creative spark in everyone and strengthen connections with family, the global community, and the earth."
Check them out, they have a great new christmas book, "The Greatest Gift, the story of the other wise man" I purchased one for our family and used another in a school raffle. The other wiseman takes a journey in search of the new king.:
www.Jessica-Limardi.BarefootBooks.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  5:46:04 PM  Show Profile
I haven't dug around for any fairy trinkets just yet, but I will keep you posted. I was more so using it as an example-- you just never know what someone might need until you put it out there! (For the record my girls are sizes 8, 10 and 18mos-2T)

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  12:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Ok I'll keep that in mind.
I have some clothes to go through but they would be too big. Mostly 14/16.
Go to Top of Page

longbeachfox
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Mary
Long Beach WA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  2:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jessi. Had to tell you that I named our daughter Jessi 28 years ago spelled just like yours and have never seen one spelled that way since. Both her grandmas were Jessie and Jesse, so we made hers just a little different. Hugs, Mary

Farmgirl # 2532

With God...Nothing Is Impossible!

http://foxontherunarts.blogspot.com

www.etsy.com/shop/longbeachfox

Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  2:48:22 PM  Show Profile
Mary
I didn't know that. That's what my mama calls me
any the way she spells it.
Everyone likes to add an E including family.
Go to Top of Page

vera-ellen
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Vera-Ellen
new albany indiana
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:51:14 PM  Show Profile
Are you still looking for items?

Thank you,

quote:
Originally posted by Jessi Lynn

Hi there,
It's seems like a long way away but in the Spring I'm going to offer Parties to sell Barefoot Books. So this winter I'm getting organized.
Thought it would be fun to offer themes for kids.
My one theme will be a fairy garden party. Kids can make their own fairy garden in a pot.

I was looking for stuff to embellish, accessorize the gardens. Can be anything really. You can use your imagination (think what fairies might find and collect) Ie: thimbles, bits of broken jewlery, earrings missing their mates, keys, beads, coins . . . . ..etc. dig in your junk drawer-I'm open to anything.

I really don't have a lot to offer.
I guess I could pay for postage and handling and or include my favorite cake mix in a jar.

Thanks
Jessi Lynn

luv2handsew
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7645 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7645 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  6:23:46 PM  Show Profile
What is the stop sign for?

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  04:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
Darlene, the stop sign shows that you are a paid member of the farmgirl community :)

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking for . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page