Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
Just wanted to share this sweet sight. I have a large tree outside my bedroom window, and today I saw a big pile of leaves in the crook of its trunk way up high. That's when I noticed this little furry squirrel running to and fro, up and down that big tree, making her nest! She was so cute, and so busy. She'd run down, grab a big mouthful of leaves, and then run up and fix her nest. Cute.

At the end of the fall, my daughter and I throw our pumpkins down to the woods to feed our woodland friends. My daughter had had a mini-pumpkin on her nightstand. It was starting to get mushy, so she put it out by the bird feeder. We noticed it is now dangling, way up high, in one of the branches of the big tree!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:17:58 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could say I love our squirrels. They are a menace here! They have eaten a hole through our garbage cans, ate my plastic jogging stroller, and now are sneaking into the duct work and I can hear them running back and forth along our ceilings. Last Christmas they ate my Christmas lights. If they keep it up I am declaring war!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MilitaryFarmGirl
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:58:18 PM  Show Profile
That's very cute about the pumpkin, Nicole. When I have apples or other fruits that get squishy before I can eat them, I stick them outside on my backyard fence posts for the squirrels. There's always the chance it will distract them from my garden, right? I lost all my tomatoes to squirrels this summer, but I don't get mad as long as they stay outdoors...I've had them in the attic and it's not fun.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  4:56:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I think it is cute, but they can be total rascals! They ate the entire pool cover last year, so all the dirty leaves and water went in and made a nice, brown soup! They eat anything plastic so I have to be careful what is left outside. A friend of mine once got one in her house and the house ended up looking ransacked! They can be real buggers! The last few days, they have carried the pumpkin up even further in the tree! Funny.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Squirrels Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page