Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Crocus, snowdrops and ... SPRING!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Crocus, snowdrops and ... SPRING!!! Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2005 :  07:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Although the forsythia shows no sign of blooming for Easter, I have to tell you I was so excited this morning when I discovered the "tete de tete' daffodils up and blooming along with a whole tree ring of crocus and snowdrops! The Stars of Bethlehem can't be far behind and that means Spring is REALLY on it's way! I had my doubts since we have had snow on the ground most of the winter and that hasn't happened in a long time! I just might have to get out there and start raking and getting things ready, this will probably be one of those years where Spring lasts for a few days and then we are in the high 70's-80's overnight! Oh to think... I can plant peas today... and spinach and broccoli and ... Hooray!!!

with a happy heart

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2005 :  4:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Just curious Bramble, what is the "tete de tete" daffodills you speak of? Also the Star of Bethlehem? I have some little star shaped blue flowers up now and I can't remember if that is what I planted 5 years ago? Guess I should always label my plantings!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2005 :  08:53:46 AM  Show Profile
They are the litte tea cup type daffodils that people give as gifts and if you plant them out they come up year after year. You can find them in most bulb catalogs. Star of Bethlehem is pale pink star shaped dime size flowere w/ pale stripes. Might your blue flower be wood hyacinth ? At this time of year they are common.Hope that helps!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Crocus, snowdrops and ... SPRING!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page