Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #5 Valentine Heart Shaped YO-YO Swap Closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #5 Valentine Heart Shaped YO-YO Swap Closed Next Topic
Page: of 4

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  11:51:10 PM  Show Profile
OK Ladies we are going to do another 2/2/2 with a twist.

These will be all Valentine Yo-Yo's: we will do 2 RED/2 PINK/2 WHITE AND please look for the prettiest valentine buttons you can find...or just some really fancy buttons. I know that JoAnnes has many many varieties of buttons and I am sure Michaels, Hobby Lobby and other places do too. Lets really go for the glam this time. And will each person please send them out on Valentine Cards (bought or home-made) I will leave that up to you.

I will start sign-up NOW and will go through January 10th...PLEASE MAIL OUT BY FEBUARY 4TH...SO, everyone will have them by Valentine's
Day.

Blessings My From My Heart to Yours,
Peggy [/red]

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
OK Ladies we are going to do another 2/2/2 with a twist.

These will be all Valentine Yo-Yo's: we will do 2 RED/2 PINK/2 WHITE AND please look for the prettiest valentine buttons you can find...or just some really fancy buttons. I know that JoAnnes has many many varieties of buttons and I am sure Michaels, Hobby Lobby and other places do too. Lets really go for the glam this time. And will each person please send them out on Valentine Cards (bought or home-made) I will leave that up to you.

I will start sign-up NOW and will go through January 10th...PLEASE MAIL OUT BY FEBUARY 4TH...SO, everyone will have them by Valentine's
Day.

Blessings My From My Heart to Yours,
Peggy [/red]

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 10 2012 8:37:56 PM

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  04:22:12 AM  Show Profile
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my begging worked!!!!!you probly were going to do this all along!!!!

this will be such fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for hostessing and sign me up!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  06:38:20 AM  Show Profile
Bless your "heart" Peggy! I'm in! Thanks for doing this again (with all you have going on.)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  08:17:30 AM  Show Profile
Yeah Margo and Judith...This will be fun (aren't they always!!!) Got you down girls!!!
Margo...you are wrong...I was going to let somebody else hostess but your enthusiasm
won me over! And the fact that I am addicted to Heart Shaped Yo-Yo Making. I just need
more idea's on how to use them.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  08:38:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy, count me in. I was hoping that someone would do this. Your the greatest. I love the 2-2-2. Its raining today, wanta go to town, to look for buttons. Maybe later. You all have a great weekend. Welcome back Judith! Just took down all fall decorations, and getting ready to put up tree, and decorations in house. Byee for now. Farmgirl#946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  08:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Alright Linda! And you are right it is fabulous to have Judith back too. We missed her the last round!

Got you down Linda!!! And I just finished decorating my tree and house. Started with the tree 2 days before
Thanksgiving. Did the rest of the decorating yesterday. Looks Christmasy! My Favorite time of the Year!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  08:58:09 AM  Show Profile
i actually found a package of pretty heart buttons teh otehr day- not quite sure where i found them - but i DID buy them! oh yes- the quilt shop!

and ...drum roll....last nite i found the moving box that held my button stash! i have a quart jar and a big pretty tim full............
i'm so glad that you caved in to my begging!!!! this is fun!!!

maybe everyone will finally post what they are doing/have done with theirs!!!! you have given me some clever ideas!!!!!!!!!!

anyhow- fun fun fun!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  09:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Go ahead and sign me up, Peggy. Thank you.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  10:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Great Trish...I got you down girl.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  3:10:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi All
Sign me up for the swap. One question. Do you want the material solid color or are you talking about 2 that are on a mostly red, 2 mostly pink, and 2 mostly white? I am all for the glam on the buttons. I love shopping for them.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  7:45:52 PM  Show Profile
so we are up to 6 already!! whoo hoo!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  12:50:12 AM  Show Profile
Dianne...got you down! And good question: you can absolutely use patterned prints...just make sure they
are mostly pink, mostly red and mostly white. But you can also use solids if you so choose. It is up
to you.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  06:27:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info Peggy. Margo said we were up to six swappers. That is great.
I still haven't decided what I am going to do with the ones I just got. I am thinking accents on
place matts.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ok Girlfriend Peggy, sign me up...but of course even if I didn't post that I wanted to join you knew I would...didn't ya...???? lol....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile
Penny...I knew you were just busy and sick but that you would get around to it!
It is an after Christmas Swap...so that is a huge relief huh?

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  3:53:04 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, do you know of other shaped yo-yo swaps that might happen throughout the year here?

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  12:17:01 AM  Show Profile
I think there have been some round yo-yo swaps also. For me ... I got enthralled with the heart shape.
But anyone can hostess any shape they want to...Hint! Hint! If you are wanting to do round or any other
shape you can do (?) why not hostess it? I am sure you would get others wanting to sign-up.

Hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  10:52:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy,
What is the largest number of participants you have ever had in a yo-yo swap? I am just wondering what to expect. I made my first set this morning.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  9:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Trish, I'm with you, looks like we might have a good crowd....good time for me to get started since I'm laid up in bed for a few weeks anyway...so Ms. Peggy, what is the number up to so far? lol...I hope to be able to get out after Christmas and find just the right buttons.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  01:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Trish...so far I think the most was 10 and the least was 7. And we do the six yo-yo's for each
person. They go pretty fast, don't you think? Well, you are probably the first one to make any
this round so far. I went and bought new fabric...that is as far as I have gotten. Probably will be
going like crazy after Christmas.

Penny girl...are you really having to stay in bed??? Oh, poor sweetheart, I hope you are getting
some of that reading done that you have been wanting to do. A good book can take your mind off
your aches and pains and transport you to somewhere more exciting. That is why I love to read. When
I get my teeth pulled for an upper denture next month...I will have 6-8 weeks with no teeth. I think
I will be hiding out a lot and so, I will be having lots of time for crafting and reading. LOL
I know my Vanity is showing!!!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  07:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, yea sprained my ankle so on crutches and having to keep my foot elevated....I am so sorry to hear about your teeth issue. I hope all goes well...well at least we will see you more on here huh, since you won't be out much...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  07:17:56 AM  Show Profile
Just checking in to see if we have a count yet. Maybe a guess? I will be at the fabric store this next week so I thought I would look around for some great fabric and buttons.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  09:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Oooooops forgot to give you the count last night.

So, far...7 of us: Margo,Penny,Judith,Linda,Trish,Dianne and Me.

Come on Farmgirls...come join-up and play with us! Heart Shaped Y0-YO's
are so much fun.

Also, my crafty maidens...go to the thread "What Are You Working On Today" and
BobbinRobbin/Sharon (who did one or two heart shaped rounds with us) just finished
an 80 yr. old Quilt Top and it is GORGEOUS...but she added round yo-yo's in the
center of each flower (?) I guess you would call them. It is awesome! Give her some
congrats on that beautiful piece of work!!! It is Stunning.

Hugs and loves,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 19 2011 09:05:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  3:34:05 PM  Show Profile
bump!!!!!!!!!!! still room for more swappers! c;mon gals!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  01:35:21 AM  Show Profile

Good Evening or Morning...which ever it is. I just wanted to show you gals a
great idea I came up with to use those plastic containers that you get from
Fruit and Veggie Party Trays this time of year. I was going to throw these out
and then it hit me...hey, I could put my buttons in there when I am making my
yo-yo's and it would be so easy to see and get to. What do you think?

love ya,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 16 2011 01:36:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  12:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Yo-Yo Sisters

Peggy that is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I don't have that many buttons but it would help with what I do have

Dianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #5 Valentine Heart Shaped YO-YO Swap Closed Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page