Lynn B
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lynn
Derry NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  06:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any good ideas for ways to meet your neighbors? I grew up with a father in the military, so all the families on the bases were always so warm and welcoming. I haven't found that in our neighborhood because we were all constantly moving and meeting new people. We've lived here in NH since last November and I've only met a few people and only one family came over to introduce themselves. I would love to meet others around us, but am not sure the best way to go about this? Bring them cookies?

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  07:12:13 AM  Show Profile
I am a cookie bringer. We get new neighbors now and then. I just always remember that it felt so good when we moved in here that someone was at the door within the first couple days to say hi and bring cookies. Go for it!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  07:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Taking baked goodies to your neighbors is a very good way to meet them! Or if they are new, maybe form a neighborhood welcome wagon. But honestly baked goodies is an old standby!! I hope it works and am sure you will get lots of other tips!
Hugz!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  08:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Before it gets to cold you could host a neighbor hood party before every one hides in their homes for the winter. Or just invite 3 families over once a month for aget to know you pot luck. If you don't like strangers in your home ( most people don't). Then Take them baked goods. When we first moved in we did that once aweek to all the neighbors. The next summer fall when their crops came in they all returned the favor by learning bags of food from their garden at my house for me with notes.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2006 :  7:14:37 PM  Show Profile
With the cookies, take a local phone book and maybe even a list of "special" numbers (library, churches, good babysitters, yours!).It's also nice to offer to give a driving tour so they can find their way around.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic meeting the neighbors Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page