texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  1:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! Did you miss me...I sure missed you! I just logged on and realized I haven't been here since my family and I went through our recent ordeal! I don't want to be redundant, so please click the link to this week's blog below to see what happened to us. I am happy to report we are all okay now, and I've missed you all so very much! Getting back to normal. There are so many new posts here I don't know where to start! Lots of good chattin! Missed you all so much - life isn't the same without the Farmgirl Connection! My family is healthy- hope yours are, too.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  2:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nicole, I'm so glad to see you back! And I'm doubly glad that trees didn't fall on your home or cars and that everyone is okay. I've had the same situation, and always swear I'll be better prepared next time. We're on a well system too and keep big lidded paint buckets and storage bins with water under the porch in case we are without electricity and then, of course, water for any length of time.

So glad you're ok m'dear! Enjoy catching up on the board =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  2:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Well, we were prepared and then Hurricane Irene hit. This took us totally off guard. They are still out working on the trees. We did okay the week we were out of power with Irene, but with the cold and everything else, it was overwhelming. Feel a bit like Rumplestilskin after waking up for a hundred years! Couple of weeks away and everything has changed, [giggle}. So glad to see you here Annika. I miss chatting with you!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  2:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Nicole,
I am sooo happy your family is OK. I remember the older post about the dinner being paid for and thought you lived in such a nice area. This proves it, you are so blessed to have friends that walk the walk not just talk the talk.

Stay warm

God bless,

Judy

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  8:42:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole-
So nice to see you back. I'm sory you were hit so hard with that freak winter storm. Here across the sound on Long Island we didnt get anything at all (well at least in the middle of the Island where I live).
I cant say I blame you for not really "believing" the weather report....Whooda thunk it- in October- a snow storm????
I am glad tht everyone is back to feeling better and that your daughters fish survived too (dont want to go there again I'm sure!)
Couldnt have said it better myself- the value of "true" friends is indeed priceless and it amazes me and warms my heart to know what people will do for each other when one is in need- definately inspiring!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  2:04:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. This weekend was really nice warm weather. I finally took down my Halloween decorations today after church. Last night I threw a Halloween party for DD and a few of her little friends since she was sick and couldn't trick or treat, and Halloween was cancelled in our town. They looked so cute in their costumes. We had pizza, popcorn, and cupcakes. Then I sent them on a Scavenger Hunt through the house will silly poems as clues, which they loved. Afterward we watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on DVD. Some of them had never seen it! Now I am ready for Thanksgiving/Christmas. I think.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  8:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear things are better, Nicole! You and your family have really been through it this year! I am hoping there are no more challenges ahead!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back after an ordeal! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page