Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Last mow of the season (hopefully)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Last mow of the season (hopefully) Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  4:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I mowed my yard today probably for the last time this year. I put the grass catcher on the mower and put the leaves on one of my garden beds for mulch, and I put the rest in the compost bin. Kind of sad to see it end...but I know soon the snow will be here. It's supposed to rain tonight, was windy this weekend but by late afternoon the wind had died down. Now the seed catalogues will start arriving and I can plan for next year.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:35:35 AM  Show Profile
I hopefully did my last mow of the season on Friday. Luckily I did because it started to rain, no pour, for all of Saturday and the wind has been howling since. Will have to rake again unless the wind blows all the leaves away which so far seems to be happening. I put eight wheelbarrow loads of leaves in the garden and mulched my strawberries with them as well. Slowly everything is getting tucked in for winter. I dug my dahlia tubers and put them on screens to dry. Now its time to plan for next spring.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Last mow of the season (hopefully) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page