Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Woven horsehair keyring for trade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Woven horsehair keyring for trade Next Topic  

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  07:26:40 AM  Show Profile
A young lady I know weaves horsehair from her horses and makes key rings, bracelets, and the like. She had some extras gave me a bunch -- I'd like to trade one of them with one of you. So up for barter is a keyring with a tightly woven cylinder of horsehair (about 2 1/2" long) --she dyed some of the hair and made a zig-zag design on the cylinder, and there's a 'fringe' of horsehair (6" long) coming down from the bottom of the cylinder. Color is off-white, with red and blue zigzag. Metal ring on top is attached with a bit of leather. Feels good in the hand -- Really fun item for a horse-lover.

Wanna trade?

Edited by - katie-ell on Aug 16 2006 07:58:59 AM

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  12:27:11 PM  Show Profile
I have a friend that would love this! Could I make you a pair of pillow cases I do? What design would you like, or do you collect? Like I do everything with strawberries, but do you like horses, cats/dogs/birds/ roses, flowers, or country red/white/blue etc. Let me know what you think! I sell a pair of pillow cases for $35.00, would you accept that or what else? I look forward to hearing from you?

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  1:49:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gloria -- I think we can make a trade! I'll email you with details. Oh, this is fun. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  11:09:13 AM  Show Profile
Gloria -- I mailed your items (priority mail) today -- Monday -- and you should receive them in 2-3 days. Thanks for the trade!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  11:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Those sound so neat! My grandpa used to have some horsehair woven bridle reins that were woven in prison years ago. They were so intricate and special. He used them for when he rode his saddle horse in parades..I remember wanting those reins so bad when I was a little kid! I wonder what ever happened to them? I hope my Uncle has them!
If you have another one left to barter I would sure be interested!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  12:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Katie! I'm looking forward to it, and I'll get your in the mail later this week.

love, hugs, and strawberries, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  1:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Jenny -- I thought I had two left . . . will have to search for the other one a bit. Will let you know :) KL
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Woven horsehair keyring for trade Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page