Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Multiple choice question inside....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Multiple choice question inside.... Next Topic
Page: of 2

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  3:45:30 PM  Show Profile
Where did I find my sea salt shaker after it had been awol for a couple of days??

A. In the linen closet
B. In the microwave
C. In the office desk drawers
D. Under the kitchen sink

(All are possible but for this quiz, there is one correct answer. Answer is way below but take a guess and then post where the strangest place you've put something.)

The answer is "B". Honestly, I haven't a clue why I put it there. Heh....

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  4:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Well, I thought any of those could have worked! My story is I put a gallon of ice cream away in the cupboard! Oh that reminds me, I also put a 1/2 used tin of dog food back in the cupboard of the motorhome rather than the refrigerator and then we went home that day. Yup it was rather stinky in there the next time we went camping! We can still catch a whiff of the off smell years later! P U!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  4:19:20 PM  Show Profile
I remember one time I put my salt at the freezer.

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  5:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Your post made me laugh because a while back I lost my two Pyrex pie plates. I hunted everywhere, and finally had to go buy new ones. A couple of months later I was cleaning out my linen closed and found them under a stack of tablecloths. Don't you wonder what is in our minds when we do things like this???

Big hugs!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  5:39:58 PM  Show Profile
My late husband had been working on some fenceing, came into the house to get something to drink, went back outside and alittle later came back in looking for something, after he had lokked around at least 4 times and could not find what he was looking for, I asked him about it, he said I just had my curved dykes in my hand, and I can not find them anywhere, soooo I asked him where he went first when he came in, gotta glass to get some water, ok, not in the cabinet or on the counter, where did you go next, to get the jug of water out of the icebox, not in there, ok, where next, the freezer for ice, well guess what he now had "klon-dykes", hehehe...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  06:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
How about this...I was cooking and doing the dishes at the same time and lost the dish soap. Yep, in the refrigerator is was...

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  10:22:25 AM  Show Profile
I threw my checkbook in the garbage!!
I searched for HOURS and could not find it... suddenly- it just clicked and I ran out and retrieved it from the can just MOMENTS (honestly) before the garbage men arrived!! It held not just the checkbook, but my license & Social Security card!
I have NO idea why or how it ended up in there, or even what made me think to check there!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Children...
Love them
Nurture them
Teach them well
and Believe in them...
For they are our future
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  11:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
OMG you gals are so funny! I have put strange things in the refridgerator a few times.
I have completely lost things that must have been thrown away.
I also own a movie I didn' t care for because it got lost when rented. I found it later...after paying total price.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  3:07:03 PM  Show Profile
So, how many of you have put something away in a really safe spot to protect it, and have never been able to find it again???

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bensgrandma
True Blue Farmgirl

227 Posts

Alexis
White Oak PA
USA
227 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  3:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Funny topic. I still have not found the Easter basket items I bought for the kids 15 years ago. I have no idea where I hid them.

Worst item - I swear I didnot do it = she did it herself - kitten in freezer. She was fine but I guess she jumped in when we opened the door for something. Thank goodness we needed something else a bit later. She just jumped out like she was annoyed, shook her head and walked away.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsandStitches

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ACharmingExperience
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  3:59:13 PM  Show Profile
I lost a whole package of toilet paper once. It took 3 days to find it. My Hubby went to get the ice cream out of the extra freezer for a birthday party and found the package in the freezer!!!

I guess I was tryin to keep it fresh for my guests! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
These are getting funnier! LoL

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  5:01:07 PM  Show Profile
lol. When clearing the table, I filled a peanut butter jar with peanut butter still in it full of milk and put it in the pantry cupboard. Do not know why. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile
These are great - now I don't feel so bad. Winona, I'm going to guess the desk drawer.

I bought a Disney video for my daughter for Christmas. When it came time to wrap presents, I couldn't find it anywhere - it wasn't with the rest of the stash. I looked all over. Several months later, I was cleaning out the drawer in my kitchen that was overflowing with dishtowels - and there it was, in the back, on the bottom under all those kitchen towels. I have NO idea why I put it there... Fortunately, her birthday is in April, so I gave it to her for her birthday. It seems like I'm constantly walking around looking for what I just had in my hand...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:43:17 PM  Show Profile
The last strange thing I found was the salt on top of the toilet. DH had left it there because he had filled DD's vaporizer with salt and water.

I have a long list of things I've hidden so well and can't find. I'd list them here but can't remember what they are. One that I remember is opening a bank account and receiving the bank card and hiding it. Haven't seen it since. Don't worry, there's no money in the account. I think...

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Long time ago when I move out. I had an interview and the lady ask me for my phone number. I was so speechless I couldn't remember my number. It was my 2nd interview for the same company. Funny thing is I remember appliance model # but can't remember phone #.

Another time while I was cooking dinner. I was looking for the black pepper. I couldn't find it. I was holding it and I was wandering where in the world it went. When I finished cooking & ate. I was thirsty so I went to get my glasses and there it was on the mug/glass rack. My black pepper. My husband was laughing his head off.

I have lots of stories also but I can't remember and when I do I forget again. I was brushing my teeth, the first rinse it went to the sink, brush my teeth second time & I rinsed my mouth and for some reason I miss the sink? Don't ask me what happen...I still can't figure that out what in the world I was thinking or just happen that I miss my sink. No, I was not taking any medication or felt drowsy.
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:21:05 PM  Show Profile
Okay, here's a variation....

I once opened a box of mac and cheese and poured the mac elbows straight into the trash can. Then stood there, looked at it, then debated on whether I should try to sift it out. NO I did not.

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was thinking "Desk drawer"

Usually when I have lost the cereal I find it in the fridge or the freezer--- I am not sure why...

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  2:45:19 PM  Show Profile
Ok these are great but the mac in the trashcan had me laughing...lol.lol.lol.I am not as bad at doing this but boy is my hubby...cereal in the frig, ice cream in the frig....milk in the freezer...but I was once holding a cup of coffee & had to get something out of the freezer & since I had to move things around I set the cup down in the freezer...man did I go nuts trying to find that cup...finally retraced my steps & there it was...now I had ice coffee!...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  5:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
These stories are too funny!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  07:22:00 AM  Show Profile
About a month ago, I was looking all over the house for my glasses and I mean aaaaaallll over the house and found them on my head when I happened to look in the mirror when I was in the bathroom. In July, I was looking all over for something and found it in my hand. That one really cracked me up.

----------------------------------------------------------

Cedar Mountain Herb School and Botanicals
www.cedarmountainherbs.com
Become a fan! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Mountain-Herb-School/199194060117277

Edited by - Wildcrafter on Nov 13 2011 07:22:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Violets November
True Blue Farmgirl

342 Posts

Violet
Exeter California
USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  08:47:34 AM  Show Profile
To answer Tina's question, I "lose" things all the time because I'm placing them in a safe hiding place.

Like a quick hiding spot for a gift 'til I have time to wrap it for the event.

~Violet~
Farmgirl Sister #1669

My blog, http://hiddenacre.blogspot.com/
Our Organic Jewelry, http://www.etsy.com/shop/GaelicForge
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  11:14:40 AM  Show Profile
My husband bought a new cell few months back (almost 1 year soon) and he still can't find it. I say wow honey you hide it really good. Usually I can find his keys, ids and etc but that cell was very hard to find.

Suzanne-at least it was on top of your head. Twice I forgot it was on the bed and I sat on it. Yup, the whole glasses was "Flat". I almost past out because I needed my glasses. The second time that I sat on it crack the whole frame...it was sad for me because i had to buy another one.
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  4:40:46 PM  Show Profile
LOL, thank you all for now I feel normal. I can't remember how many times I have hide gifts or candy in a safe place, then can't find it. Once I hid a Barbie set for my daughter or so I thought, looked all over never found it. 12 years and 2 moves later still no Barbie. I guess it is with all those socks that disappear in the dryer.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  5:09:54 PM  Show Profile
Yup...I'm still laughing over the mac in the trash.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  8:19:18 PM  Show Profile
I got 4 checks for Christmas from various relatives in high school. I of course put them somewhere safe so they wouldn't get thrown out with the wrapping paper. Searched high and low for them. Finally wrote all my relatives telling the. Iwas so sorry I lost them so they would know why they didn't clear. Everyone very nicely wrote me another check. I found the checks 9 years later in a cookbook I happened to have gotten that Christmas. I couldn't believe it they stayed safe through 5 moves through college and getting married. Before I turned to the right page to see them. My relatives thought it was quite funny when I told them I fou d their checks.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Multiple choice question inside.... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page