Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 seeking 'recipe' honey/vinegar/baking soda
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic seeking 'recipe' honey/vinegar/baking soda Next Topic  

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  09:46:23 AM  Show Profile
several months ago here and in the MJF magazine someone posted a 'recipe' using honey, vinegar and baking soda, for joint pain and other 'ailments'. could anyone out there help me find it??
thanks, Pam

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  5:43:16 PM  Show Profile
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (organic)
1 tsp Honey (local)
1/8 tsp Baking Soda (I can not use this as it affects my asthma)
little bit of water too dilute
I use 1/8 to a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon for inflamation
Take twice daily

I have used this for over a year now and I swear by it and tell everyone who tells me they suffer from joint pain. I was told a few years ago that I would need to have both hips replaced but I needed to wait until the pain was beyond unbearable - being as I am young. It got to that point and for other reasons I started this libation and I tell you as long as I do this AT least once a day every day I am good to go. I stand on my feet all day on my job, I garden, walk the dog and so on with minimal pain. It has been a blessing to me and I hope it will be to you as well. Good luck!

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  11:18:05 AM  Show Profile
thank you so much!! hoping to put off knee replacement! so it was good to see your comment on your hip replacement, Pam

Edited by - Pammy on Nov 10 2011 11:20:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  11:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Karen! I was looking for this recipe myself. Do you drink it or do you rub it on oneself?

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  12:14:06 PM  Show Profile
You are both welcome - I hope it helps you as much as it has me. Good or bad...you drink it. It can be mighty stout and you will curse the day you learned about it sometimes as it goes down :-) I have found if I put in the cinnamon then the honey and get a really creamy mix going it helps the harshness of the apple cider vinegar. I am lucky to have an organic orchard just down the road that makes amazing cider vinegar with and without the mother so I only have to use Braggs when I travel - yucky taste to say the least. Be sure and stick with the libation for at least 2 months before you decide whether to stick with it or not! Good luck!

Farmgirl Sister #918

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  04:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I have to agree with you Karen. That apple cider vinegar tastes awful!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  10:18:29 AM  Show Profile
Nothing really pleasant about the taste Julie...nothing at all :-) The nasty-ness only last a minute and the rewards are great. I told a friend, who just found out her 8 year old boy has arthirtis (every where) and that his 'pains' are not just growing pains, about this libation and I am curious if she will be able to get the little guy to try it more than once...I can see him spitting it out and running for the hills!

Farmgirl Sister #918

-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic seeking 'recipe' honey/vinegar/baking soda Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page