Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Blizzard Can't Cover My Tears
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Blizzard Can't Cover My Tears Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Grace I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  3:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Grace:
So sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you both.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  3:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Grace,
I'm soooooooo sorry! It is so difficult to lose our animal friends! Will be praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

from my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  3:41:18 PM  Show Profile
Each fall I try to get as many field pumpkins as I can & cook them up & freeze them for the kids in the winter....I roast the seeds for the hubby who adores them....I make the kids stone cut oats in a crockpot then mix the pumpkin with that & whatever else I want them to have a a morning breakfast...even the cats will eat it while its warm...then I get mind out before I add the other stuff like raw oats, flaxseed ect.....I do like the idea of the roasting the oats & think that will be a new item for them this winter along with all the other stuff I give them.....

have to tell you all this...now don't get all offended please...but I saw a old pickup today with a P.E.T.A sticker & thought well thats odd to see on a farm truck...well got up to it & it said under it...'People eating tasty animals'....Now that made me laugh out loud...yes I am very against any cruelty to animals but this ticked my funny bone....guess that old farmer had a sense of humor...won't ya say?...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  5:01:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for your loss of Bella, Grace. I hope you're able to make something that can remind you of all the good days she had on earth thanks to you and all your efforts.

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  5:03:20 PM  Show Profile
I want a bumper sticker like that. I wonder where he got it? That would go along with all my other farm stickers.

Grace, y'all really did have a horrible night. Horses are scary enough to little goats but then a crazy dog cornering them. Poor goats. Mine get all nervous when people do fireworks. I hate it for them. They are so scared and will not settle down at all. And this will go on for a few days out here. The loud popping ones are the worst. So I can just imagine how your animals are all stressed out. I so hope they can get over this soon. You do so much for them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  7:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Michele you made me giggle - thanks for that!!! Kris the horses have been a problem here for a couple of years now - it even charged my truck and broke three fences going after my huge billies... So those little ones just do not understand why a animal would want to hurt or chase them... I never wish to hurt an animal but I think the rifle is coming out of the closet - I am tired of being the good natured lady who puts up with owners who do not take responsibility for their animals...

Natalie I do save their fiber if possible for those who pass here - sometimes I just get their box of fiber out and place my hands in their fiber and remember what it was like to hold them. Other times I have made something for one of my sons who had a special connection with them - it all depends.

I am so overwhelmed by how many have taken the time to read about Bella and then to send such words of love and caring - it really has been my strength thru this difficult time. The bottle kids are alert and I am still keeping their three hour checks going thru the night - I know I am a worry wart but I would not be able to sleep not knowing how they are anyway - I am hoping we see solid poop soon.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  08:03:37 AM  Show Profile
good morning grace, i am hoping you had a better night? i am hoping the kids are better today i agree with kris and the girls. you are an amazing woman. i have known you to always go the extra distance for your critters. i just know they will be ok. hoping you have a warm day and a calm one. sending hugs sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  09:11:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sherrye for the check in - Well, it was another long and bitter cold night. The bottle girls are where thrilled each time I opened the frozen barn doors and sat with them to give a warm bottle and tons of kisses. I on the other hand feel like I am frozen to the bone and dead on my feet. I just finished all the morning chores and dishes.. Will finally I hope get a shower in this morning and try to find some positive light... I don't feel like an amazing woman today - I feel more like a scared rabbit being chased by a fox. After my shower I think I will shout the nose down here and sit in prayer.. The voices of fear have been screaming so loud for so long that I am beginning to believe their rants.

I thank you all for your kind words - right now I am feeling more like a failure.. Blessings to you lovely lady and please keep the little one's in your prayers if you would.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  09:34:00 AM  Show Profile
Grace, you are such an inspiration! And yes! You ARE an amazing woman! Here you are going thru all this drama of your own and you are kind enough to post some loving comments on the loss of my Hobbs. I'm sorry for you losing Bella and all the wonderful creatures you've lost. You truly have a heart of gold to comfort and care for these sweet animals. You've suffered loss and heart ache by the score and yes, you have moments of doubt but you pick yourself up and put those feelings aside and get on with the care of your charges. You have an amazing capacity to love and you share it with everyone (and thing) you come across. I know when I think of MJ's ideal Farmgirl, I think of you and all you do.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  7:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for the healing of your heart. We're all here for you.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  7:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Grace- do you have rice packs? They sure help defrost that bone- deep cold that can settle in during these winter months. When I have to do a lot of outside work I will take a warmed rice pack and strap it to my lower lumbar with a 6 inch wide ace bandage. It sure helps hold the heat in and if you put a couple layers over that it helps keep the blood warm as it circulates through your body. You can make little ones that you can again Ace bandage to the inside of your wrists. This can help the blood going to your fingers say a bit warmer and be warmer as it heads back into your body.

I am so glad the little ones are happy and alert. Hopefully the winter will be milder than last year. You are in my heart. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  10:18:22 PM  Show Profile
ohhh just love the rice bags...I have so many made from old socks that I am never without them when needed.....I use them for my carpel tunnel, sore muscles & migraines...can't live without them...I even have some that I made with shorter shoes for stuffing down the rubber boots when its cold.....when rice goes bad...no longer heats i just untie the knot, dump it & put new it...very simple....
Hope you are having a better time now Grace...hope your time you took to be quiet & pray helped ease your pain a bit....am thinking about you here in Ma!...hugs...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  2:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the heads up about the rice packs = I have not used them much but think my bones would sure appreciate them.

Michele I wished I would say that my quite time was helplful but I ended up doing what my mind requires during termoil - I clean and not the normal cleaning but like a OCD Monk on speed. My sons say it can be scarey to watch me during these times - nothing is safe and the tooth brush cleaning and rubber gloves get more then a work out. Today Bella's adopted Mom stopped me in the barn and cornered me again checking to see if Bella was with me. I brought her body out to Mother Goose when she passed but I don't think it sunk in so I had to do it again this morning. We sat together - me again with buckets of tears and she licked and sniffled her all over... I hope this is the last time we will have to do this but I once had a Llama mother that it took a week of daily revisits before she finally believed her little one was gone. I really don't think I can go through that again but I will do what is needed to get Mother Goose through this hard time..

Again, I thank you all for your wonderful support - I read again all the posts gathers strength for the day -- blessings.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

dmorn
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Debbie
Middle River Minnesota
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  7:11:00 PM  Show Profile
God's blessings and prayers to you in your loss. God has not given them to us without them giving something to us. I feel your loss as also have lost animals on our farm. You did what you could and you can feel you did your best. May blesssing be multiplied to you in your loss.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  1:24:49 PM  Show Profile
Debbie thank you so much for your kind words and prayers... I thought I would also give everyone an update on the bottle girls. I found some small raisinetts in the pen that they are sitting in to get well. They also are chipper and wanting me to spend my whole time with them so that is their normal state. I am still struggling about wanting to wash their bottoms but we have another bitter cold day here with the wind howling so for now I just give thanks for their potty dried bottoms and be counting my blessings that raisinetts are being produced.... Strange when our world is thrilled over the shape of poop...

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  07:09:24 AM  Show Profile
Grace,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are so good to help Mother Goose grieve while you are also grieving. The loss of a dear animal creates a type of pain that goes so deep. My thoughts are with you and yours.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Blizzard Can't Cover My Tears Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page