texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  11:22:43 AM  Show Profile
No, it's not a Halloween trick, though not a treat either. We are getting hammered with lots of snow today. Had to cancel my Sisterhood Chapter Get-Together (postponed to next week). I guess it was meant to be as now both DH and DD are upstairs in bed with fevers. Yikes! I hope I don't get it next. Anyway, I've never seen snow before Halloween. Looks like January. Gonna finish my chores, make some coffee and settle in on the couch. Will knit and maybe watch some scary movies! BOO!

Farmgirl Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  11:42:42 AM  Show Profile
We got ours today, too, Nicole! Three inches and then a rain mix turned it all to slush. Ever since we moved to Pennsylvania (from Rhode Island), almost every Halloween has brought with it our first snow! I just love it! :) Today I am just enjoying the day all squirreled away in my house, baking, cleaning and working on some unfinished projects...and eating Halloween candy! ;) Everything is warm and cozy and smells wonderful. Outside is chilly, wet and dreary, but inside is heaven on earth!

I'm sorry about your having to cancel the Get-Together - I'm sure you all really look forward to that! Don't despair - next week will be here before you know it! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile
I remember when I was a kid, we had snow before halloween lots of times! Every few years now we get it. We don't have anything yet, and I don't think we're supposed to get anything, but you never know! All of our costumes were made to fit over top of snowsuits & ski-pants & boots for sure. Hope you don't get too much snow!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  11:59:32 AM  Show Profile
Growing up we always had snow by Halloween (NE BC). Since moving to the States I've always lived in irrigated deserts so no snow for Halloween, cold but no snow. This year it's gorgeous out. We've been getting frost at night occasionally but no beautiful white stuff. I'm actually looking forward to snow, lots of snow; can't wait to get the kids bundled up and go play. It is a bummer though when it cancels fun plans..... Hope your household gets better quickly.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  12:13:55 PM  Show Profile
Woke up to a white lawnyesterday, but by mid afternoon it rained and melted it all. We usually get rain and snow mixed on Halloween when the kids are trick or treating. They should have it earlier in the year.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  12:44:53 PM  Show Profile
A great big BOO!! to all of my farmsisters! I'm sorry about all of the white stuff falling on you girls, we could be in for it next week here in Moscow. Hubby and I are farm sitting this weekend AND in a wedding on Sunday!so we aren't having much time to relax. None the less, I'm thinking of making some nut brittle and snickerdoodles!

We have had snow before or on Halloween a few times,but usually November 1st is the tipping point towards winter with temperatures often dropping quickly.

Nicole, So sorry to hear of the postponed chapter meeting, but with fevers going around, it looks like it was for the best. I hope that everyone is feeling better soon

Hugs and happy halloweenzez to everybody!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  12:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Snowing, raining, windy hard at NJ. I don't remember seeing snow before Halloween also.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  12:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Oy yoy yoy - I'm so sorry Nicole! I missed the part about your DH and DD - I hope they're feeling better soon, too! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  2:15:39 PM  Show Profile
It's snowing hard here in Northeast PA, and our power has been out since early afternoon. I'm posting with the battery back-up right now, so don't know how long this battery is going to last! I heard we could get up to 15" before it stops. Welcome to Fall in the Pocono Mountains!

Stay safe and warm everybody!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  2:23:51 PM  Show Profile
It sprinkled some snow this week, but nothing stuck. It's a beautiful day out today, perhaps the last I'll see 50s for a while... Oh winter, I'm so not mentally prepared for you yet!

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  04:50:32 AM  Show Profile
Texas is finally cooling down.. and as for snow before Halloween.. I grew up in north eastern Ohio and have trick or treated in snow several times. When they say "The frost is on the pumpkin" This year they REALLY mean it. LOL
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  05:46:52 AM  Show Profile
We have 9 inches of snow around 8 am and it is still coming down hard. Winter begins.....

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
On cell phone with limited battery from charging in the car. CT got 16 inches of snow. No power, no heat or water all night. Running generator but will need gas soon. DD and DH spiked terribly high fevers all night. Quite scary. A tree fell and my car is blocked in the garage. Home phones out. This is worse than Irene! 17 years in this house and we never had the problems we do recently. Power company says at least a week with no power. Are they kidding????? Okay farmgirls could use some prayers for sure! Never felt so helpless as last night when my babies were sick! So far I am not sick but they seem like they have the flu, which makes this situation all the more frightening. Both seem improved today and with generator we all got warm showers and heat for now. We used to never ever lose power. At least sun is out and we are warm right now. Am knitting and reading. :). And taking solstice in Halloween candy, LOL!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  10:23:15 AM  Show Profile
Prayers are on the way right now, Nicole. May God bless, help and protect all of you, and may all of your needs be met. - Hugs, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  12:06:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm also sending prayers your way Nicole. Hope everyone that is
sick gets better very soon. Glad you have some Halloween