Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Any farmgirls in sussex county new jersey?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Any farmgirls in sussex county new jersey? Next Topic  

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  2:10:36 PM  Show Profile
I would love to meet up with some Maryjane farmgirls in the sussex county NJ area. I know you are out there somewhere! After all,Sussex County used to be known to have more cows than people!

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  04:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy!

I'm not in NJ, but wonder where Sussex County is? I'm in the Poconos of PA, just a few miles from the NJ line at Delaware Water Gap. Is that anywhere near you?

Hugs!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  4:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Luanne!
Well, I dont think we are too far apart. Are you anywhere near Dingmans Ferry? I am only about 1/2 hour from there. Also, from the Delaware Water Gap I am about 1/2 on a good day (no traffic). Sussex County is the northernmost county in NJ. I am so glad to hear from you! Do you belong to any local sisterhood groups out there?

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  05:18:47 AM  Show Profile
We don't have any local groups up here, and I'm only about a half hour from the Gap also, so maybe one of these days we could get together!

Is Dingman's Ferry near Milford? If so, that's a little further north for me than the Gap, but still only about an hour.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  06:31:43 AM  Show Profile
Nancy,
I am a Jersey girl too but I am a way down south in Cumberland county. Out here near the farms and all. I guess you are quite a drive from me. I know there used to be more jersey gals here but haven't seen too many of them around lately.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  5:24:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by beekeepersgirl

We don't have any local groups up here, and I'm only about a half hour from the Gap also, so maybe one of these days we could get together!

Is Dingman's Ferry near Milford? If so, that's a little further north for me than the Gap, but still only about an hour.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  5:28:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jersey Girl!
Cumberland County is definetly a hike from Sussex, but it is great that you live in the other rural county in NJ! How big is your farm?

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  5:31:37 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tes

quote:
Originally posted by beekeepersgirl

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Hi Luanne,

I wish I could figure out how to send a reply. I think that I did this correctly! Anyway, Milford PA is even closer to me than Dingmans. Maybe we could meet up sometime in Milford. It is a really nice town.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  5:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Luanne,
OK, hopefully I posted this correctly! Just in case you didnt get my other post, I am closer to Milford than I am to Dingmans. Anyway, maybe we could meet up in Milford sometime. It is a nice town.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  6:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good to me! I work full time, so it would have to be during the evening. My weekends are pretty much tied up too. Where would be a good place to meet?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  5:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Not sure where to meet. I need to remember some restaurants in Milford. Let me know if you know of any. Your schedule sounds like mine.......busy all the time!! I am not one for traveling far distances at night, and it is getting darker earlier. Anyway, if I can think of a place in Milford to meet, I will let you know. Otherwise, we have this forum to chat on. Thank heavens for Maryjanes Farm! By the way, I just recieved some stuff I ordered from Maryjanes. I got the Get Aquainted Sampler which has some of the pre-packaged organic food you just add water to; plus I got the Bakeover sampler. Cant wait to try some of the recipes. Have you ever purchased any of these items? Ever had a BakeOver??
Talk soon,

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  5:44:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tes

Hi Jersey Girl!
Cumberland County is definetly a hike from Sussex, but it is great that you live in the other rural county in NJ! How big is your farm?

Nancy

Dear Cumberland County farmgirl,

Just browsed your blog, love the Bible Quote! Wishing I had the time to quilt, sew, etc. Maybe when I retire.....!!!!

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  09:05:09 AM  Show Profile
Nancy,
I thought I replied to this thread but don't see it.
We only have 5 acres. We did have chickens for while but I couldn't bear to kill them so we sort of let them die on their own.
They got down to a few and ended up being more like pets. :) Dh wants to gets some cattle to raise for beef. only a couple as our pasture is not very big. Don't know when that will come about. I am not sure when we will get more chickens. We have a lot going on with family right now and need to be able to travel without worrying about animals so we will wait and see.
I think it is wonderful that you all are going to get together. I have only met one farmgirl from here in person and that was a few years ago. I don't believe she is on the forum anymore though. We did have a lot of fun when we got together though. There used to be more in this area but I have not seen them on here in quite some time.
I don't get a lot of time to sew and quilt but I sure enjoy it when I do. thanks for coming to the blog. I just started it so there is not much there yet and I don't have it all figured out quite yet either. LOL!

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Any farmgirls in sussex county new jersey? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page