Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Trail of Thread Quilt Patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Trail of Thread Quilt Patterns Next Topic  

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2005 :  07:57:03 AM  Show Profile
I happened on to a wonderful site today! For all of you quilters here are some beautiful quilt patterns comemerating pioneer women that homesteaded the western plains. They even have the book to go with the patterns telling the quilts "story" and the women who braved the wilderness not that long ago... History and a thing of beauty to pass on to generations! Enjoy!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2005 :  07:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Here is the url:

http://butterfieldbooks.com/quilt_patterns.html

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2005 :  2:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Jenny-- What an interesting and eclectic site! I loved all three of the quilt patterns shown , it would be neat to see all twelve from the series. I will have to tuck this info away for a rainy day, what I do not need is another UFO (unfinished object!) in the quilt project department. My goal is to finish up a few before the garden season really takes hold!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2005 :  2:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Dear Meadowlark - this quilter thanks you for the link, also. I am going to spend some time there.

I have owned a book for 20 years that is similar in content. It is called "Remember Me - Women and Their Friendship Quilts" by Linda otto Lysett. It also contains quilts patterns, quilt photos of historic friendship quilts and their stories with photos of some of the women who made the quilts.

Quilts are, to me, the epitome of art. They are original in design, beautiful in color and texture, usable, they bring comfort, and they represent our history. The complete package of the human urge to create all sewn into one.

Thank you again for the website info!
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2005 :  8:52:01 PM  Show Profile
Jp and Bramble, Glad you enjoyed the site...Bramble it is an eclectic site indeed...Did not realize they offer buffalo robes and skulls and other miscellaneous body parts, yikes! They are used in Native American rituals no doubt, but still a little disturbing to me. I have tasted and enjoyed buffalo meat prepared with a lignonberry sauce and it was delicious. It was much leaner and "beefier" than regular cattle beef. Must have been enjoyed by my plains ancestors to the point of extinction! These people have a beautiful and humane facility for these beautiful creatures, but one tasting of the meat is enough for me. The quilts are lovely though!

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Trail of Thread Quilt Patterns Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page