Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  06:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Normally I don't buy those "kits" at Wal-Mart but last night I wanted to buy some starter materials so Nora could do some necklaces and bead bracelets. I saw a kit and for only $5 which was more than I was going to buy on individual items so I bought it. I have been pleasantly surprised! It has a lot of clear elasatic cording, a beading tray and lots of beads. Of course we will be buying more items and such along the way but the littl carrying case and the beading tray are going to be things we can use for a long time.

Nora already made herself a bracelet last night and I helped her thread some of the tougher beads (She's four and the kit says it is for 6+) and this morning she decided she wanted to make me a bracelet too... and she is doing it all herself! I tied on the starter bead and the middle bead is an open heart that has two hard to find holes- but that is it!

I think this will be really good for her fine motor control. I am so glad that I got her this!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  08:48:16 AM  Show Profile
I agree!!

I got my little 3y/o Martha a bag of larger beads and a set of mens dress shoe laces a few weeks ago. We tied an old no longer used keychain to one end and let her string and unstring the beads. She's gettin pretty good at it. We even cut a little piece of yarn and helped her make a bracelet with her beads a few days ago. She refuses to take it off even for baths and bedtime!

Kids love simple things like that. She also will play for hours with a bunch of old boxes my Hubby brought home from work. He seen them all stacked inside each other like nesting boxes and thought she'd like them. She has played with them for months, stackin, nestin, puttin things in them and takin them out agian! I love free entertainment for the kids!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Beading Kit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page