Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Who's Got Colors? Next Topic  

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  11:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Last week saw a stretch of cold, rainy days and the trees got the hint. It is now sunny and pleasant this week, but some of our maples in Southeast Michigan are starting to look just kissed with color here and there. We are supposedly in for a good color season this year, but often stormy weather will take the leaves away before they peak.

What is it like in your area? Do you get fiery maples, golden birches, brown oaks?

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  2:59:48 PM  Show Profile
We have a few trees in the lake that have a hand full of red leaves. Our Red Maple tree is still green, we won't loose those leaves until early November.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  05:55:55 AM  Show Profile
We are just starting to get colors on our maple trees here I noticed the other day. I love the fall colors. But we don't get alot here in Florida. We lose our oak tree leaves in windy March!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  06:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Dorinda, I am somewhat familiar with St. Cloud, as I had family that lived there for a while (they're now in Kissimmee.) I lived in the Keys as a kid, and the rest of my dad's family remains scattered around the Florida Peninsula. Anyway, was thinking that the seasonal change in FL is subtle (in terms of foliage) but definitely there. :) I'll bet you're enjoying some cooler temps too! :D

~April
Go to Top of Page

hsmommel
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Melissa

61 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  5:14:58 PM  Show Profile
We have tons of color here already. It started in early September and one of my sugar maples out front has gone through a transformation of fiery orange to blazing red to this interesting butter yellow. See, it's weird, but gorgeous! Now the leaves are starting to fall on it and I'm watching the rest move through ~ my absolute favorite season.

"What you do speaks so loudly I can't hear what you are saying." -- Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  6:01:26 PM  Show Profile
April, I am so much enjoying the cooler weather here right now. I cooked dinner early this evening so I could just stay outside until dark and vegg out on the swing and enjoy the cool breeze a blowing. My little beagle loves the cool weather also. He has an itchey skin condition and loves the coolness on his skin. He was so excited when I let him out to pee the other morning I thought I would never get him to come back in!!!!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  7:21:37 PM  Show Profile
I went for a 7.5 mile bike ride today and I can get out of town fairly easily here. Lots of red and sugar maples turning here, dark red oak leaves, lots of yellow in the maples, aspens, birch, etc. Pretty much everything is turning, almost peak color here and we get our share of leaf-peepers....can't wait to go out to our land on Saturday and maybe take a walk in the woods, if we have time. We need to get some dead branches to act as trees for the graveyard we create for Halloween:)

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

Sister Jewel
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Betty
Albuquerque NM
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  10:02:46 PM  Show Profile
The cottonwood leaves are just starting to turn yellow. The temperatures dropped quit a bit this week. And we had a wonderful day and a half of rain this week. Don't think it dampened the visitors for Balloon Fiesta though. Definitely not shorts weather anymore!

It's a gDGBD (Gosh Darn Good Banjo Day)!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  10:06:37 PM  Show Profile
My Maple tree is starting to turn red,and I've seen those red bushes in different places (know their name but I can't think of it).
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  8:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Color is just starting to spread here in central Iowa

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Your life is an occasion, rise to it. Mr. Magorium
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  08:13:55 AM  Show Profile
Here colours started about beginning of October but it is slow in turning. My maples have turned a beautiful burgundy red and are now changing again and when it is windy the willow and poplar leaves are blowing around. So fall is definitely here. I love the colours of spring and summer but the fall colours are so unique.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  09:08:43 AM  Show Profile
We just started to color up here in Moscow last week, still a lot of green. I love this transition time, its so amazing to watch the seasonal transformations, now if I only could find my camera!

Happy autumn!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  09:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
I agree about the transition. It's like waking up each morning to a whole new world LOL!

~April
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  11:56:00 PM  Show Profile
It's an explosion of brilliant colors here in the Pacific Northwest.
Oranges,golds and yellows. Maple trees are so pretty and so are
the oak, poplars and many others. Tiny buds on our yellow rose
bush but we know with temps now in the low 60's and 50's at night,
they won't be opening.

Enjoying reading all the posts of color changes from
all over.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  7:05:55 PM  Show Profile
Depending on where you look we've got yellow, orange and red. The vineyards are starting to look so pretty with the leaves changing color and the cluster of grapes. I saw some bright red "something" today out in the sage brush, don't know what it was but it was stunning. I love the colors of Autumn!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Who's Got Colors? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page