Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 need homemade salve recipe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic need homemade salve recipe Next Topic  

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  2:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

The weather is getting so cold here already and I've been thinking about making homemade salve this year (in large quantities) to combat dry, chafed and windburned skin in winter. I've heard you can make a really good all-purpose salve from extra virgin olive oil, raw honey and unprocessed beeswax, but I can't find a recipe that tells me how to make it or what quantities of each ingredient to put together. Does anyone have a recipe for salve using these three ingredients?

And by "large quantities," I mean 3 or 4 small jars for family use - wasn't thinking of selling it! I just want to make something we can use for skin issues in winter that have a small number of ingredients, is totally natural and can be made quickly at home!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)
Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - LuckyMommyof5 on Oct 03 2011 5:33:31 PM

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  9:49:46 PM  Show Profile
I have other recipes if you'd like them. Not one that just has those three ingredients.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  06:34:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Angie, I would love that! The only reason I picked those three ingredients is they happen to already be in my cupboard and a friend told me her aunt (who has since passed) used to make a salve out of them, but she couldn't remember the proportions. My hunt for that info continues, but I would love to hear what your other recipes are!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  2:51:40 PM  Show Profile
I'd also like to find some recipes from other farmgirls on homemade salves, lotions, etc. for the "winter skin" one gets being outside in the cold and wind. Winter is horrible up here where I live. Appreciate the help in advance from everyone who has a recipe to share.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic need homemade salve recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page