Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 focus on fibers for felting/ spinning wool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic focus on fibers for felting/ spinning wool Next Topic
Page: of 2

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  6:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Michele,
What kind of leaves do you use? To turn the fibers blue? Would love to do that. With my rabbits I pluck them as well clip them. when it gets really hot I will clip them done. Then I card it. I find it easier to card it to be able to spin the fibers. I tried spinning without carding. For a beginner like me, I found it easier to spin fibers that are carded or rovin.
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  04:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Japenese Indigo plants. I will see if I got some seed left yet, think I do. I got the plant last year at a fiber festival. I let the plants flower and go to seed. I Googled how to dye with it. Have not done it yet. It is a tender plant. Last year I had the plants in a pot, in the house mostly. After flowering, they got pretty scraggly looking and I let them go. But got plenty of seed.
Do you clip a rabbit with scissors or clippers?
I have only spun with carded fibers. I have best luck making the roving first, as I get a more even yarn.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  4:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Michele,
thank you for the seeds cann't wait to plant and try dying my fibers with it.
I have your package together and need you address. I couldn't make it out on the package you sent me. Hope to hear from you soon so I can mail it out.. this is so much fun...
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Gathered Up: Previous Topic focus on fibers for felting/ spinning wool Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page