Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Flatirons Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  4:27:26 PM  Show Profile
How many of you ladies have used a flatiron? My hair used to be straight but it's gotten wavy as I've got older. I had it cut the other day and she used a flatiron on it. I liked it so much that I bought one. I just don't know what to do with wavy hair. I've tried using a curling iron, with dismal results.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  4:59:12 PM  Show Profile
I use my flatiron most every day. I have always had wavy hair, but not the good kind of wavy. It's only wavy in some places. Since my hair is short, it only takes me a minute or two to flatiron the pieces that are being unruly. When we go camping and I don't have my flatiron, I have to wear a hat the whole time because otherwise I look like Bozo!
Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  5:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
I use one nearly every day. I have naturally curly hair and my stylist recommended a chi brand. It was a chunk of change, even at her discounted rate, but I don't regret it. One thing that helps is blow drying in sections using a round brush. The straighter you get it before you iron it, the easier it is to manage. One other thing, don't forget the heat spray. You will burn your hair off if you don't use a protective spray. I scorched my bangs right off the bat. The flatirons get really hot, so watch your hair, fingers, and neck. Enjoy!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  5:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Holly--the one I got has adjustable temps., so I don't use the hottest setting. It also is supposed to eliminate frizz, etc.
Micki--when my hair gets really wavy, I look like a wild woman. Well, I am kind of wild, but in a good way.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  7:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love my flat iron. I got in on sale at Wal-Mart for $7!! It has adjustable temps and makes my hair look so much better. It only has a half hearted wave that just looks like I forgot how to brush my hair if I don't do something with it! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  8:05:51 PM  Show Profile
I love my flatiron and typically flatiron my hair. Good suggestion above to use a protective shield spray as they can be pretty drying to your hair. Have fun~!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  8:42:27 PM  Show Profile
I bought a flat iron and used it a couple of times then realized, I don't look so good with straight hair. So now it sits in a drawer collection dust like so many other beauty products I bought.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Flatirons Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page