texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  09:54:32 AM  Show Profile
Well, after not being sick forever, I caught my baby niece's chest cold and sore throat. Wasn't 100%, but functional, now it turned into something worse. Went to the Doc today, who said I have to take antibiotics. (Bleeeechhh). Now it has also settled into my vocal cords and I can't talk! Do you know how hard it is for a person like me Not To Talk? Think there must be a crack in the atmosphere....'least I can type!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  10:35:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh no! get better Nicole! I'm the same way with laryngitis, I always talk! Even when I'm the only one home but me =P That just made me sound like a fruitcake, but its true! I hope this nasty crud packs up and leaves, Cruds are no fun. Hope that you are your chatty self soon!

My favorite cold and cough remedies are good old honey and lemon syrup, cider vinegar in warm water, elderberry syrup, Ricola cough drops and a product called Alkalol, which is a soothing nasal rinse and gargling agent. If steam helps to loosen up things in you chest and help you breath easier, go for it.

Rest, LOTS of liquids, nourishing, but light food, and love and prayers from your farm sisters should help too

GET BETTER!!!
Hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  08:46:35 AM  Show Profile
I got some nasty virus myself! The kids and I all woke up with it the same day. My husband never got it. I've been taking lots of vitamin C (as much as my pregnant tummy can handle!) and I found plain honey to be soooo soothing to my throat. I also made a lot of chamomile tea with honey in it to help me sleep better at night because I found if I got a good nights sleep I felt a LOT better the next day. I'm finally getting over it and my voice is slowly coming back too. Just in time for my 3rd anniversary today!! Now at least I can talk to my hubby tonight over dinner :D Also, if you can handle it garlic clove chopped and taken with a spoon of honey will help too, its natures very own antibiotic. Just be warned it can upset your stomach if you aren't used to all that garlic. I didn't know that the first time I chopped up a clove of garlic! Haha Oh well! Now I know :D Hope you feel better soon!!! Oh I almost forgot if it settles in your chest you can make an onion poultice and put it on your chest for a few hours at night and it will draw out all the gunk.

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  09:24:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Krystle!
Thank you for the advice. I just finished all the yucky antibiotics yesterday. Still don't have my full voice back, either. I was sick for my DH's birthday and for our 19th anniversary. :( Oh well. He was working both days, anyway.

I'm finally getting back to normal and doing things again. Seems everyone I know has had something. Hope you are feeling better, soon, and happy anniversary.

Farmgirl hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

hsmommel
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Melissa

61 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  7:12:40 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry. It stinks being down with a bug. Glad to read that everyone is up an moving! :) I've been down for the last two days here now ~ feels like the achy flu, with the headaches and raspy cough. I am so over this! I just want to feel human again. At least I have my appetite back and I am patiently waiting for dh to get home with a sub for me. I know, not the best choice but I need substance and don't want to cook.

"What you do speaks so loudly I can't hear what you are saying." -- Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  07:15:04 AM  Show Profile
The "crud" must be going around - I've got it too - cough, congestion, runny nose & eyes, aches, fever - blahhhhhhhhhhh.

Hope everybody feels better real soon!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  12:22:54 PM  Show Profile
I think my "crud" is just that fall depression, but I'm just plain exhausted ALL the time right now! It's so hard for me to get anything done. I literally feel like crud!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Fall "crud" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page