Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Newest member of the Prine family!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Newest member of the Prine family! Next Topic  

hawkin_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Micah
Austin Texas
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  08:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Send hawkin_farmgirl an AOL message  Send hawkin_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Since I'm finally able to catch my breath, I decided it was time to introduce ya'll to the newest member of our family. Lucas Flynn was born on August 30, 2011 via C-section at 9:15 PM. He weighed 9lbs 8oz and was 22 inches long.

DH and I went to our regular appointment on August 29th to have an ultra sound, in order to see how big our baby was. When we went in, my blood pressure was high and when she checked, my doctor found that my body still had not progressed. My cervix wasn't even soft. At this point, I was 41 weeks. My doctor knew my desire to go as all natural as possible and wanted me to do so. Part of the reason I love my doctor so much is because she encourages her patients to let their bodies work naturally. But, I could tell by the look on her face that she was very worried about my blood pressure. We waited in the office for another hour to recheck it, but it was still very high. So we went over our options. She told me, in her opinion, induction was probably the best way to avoid a C-section. Baby was growing very fast, my blood pressure was staying high (she had previously done a 24 hour urine test and blood tests and they all came back negative for anything, so she was very concerned that she didn't know WHY my blood pressure was so high), and my body was just not cooperating. So after some deliberation, DH and I decided to induce. We were to come back to the hospital at 6:00 PM.

DH stayed home with me and helped me get ready. I called my family and some made arrangements to meet us at the hospital that night. I was nervous, but I was more worried about my animals and the house being cleaned! DH was awesome. He helped me scrub the house (again, I might add) from top to bottom, finish laundry, and even mowed the lawn. We took our Sphynx cat to the Petsmart hotel nearby and I spent the rest of the afternoon cuddling and playing with my dogs. 5:30 PM rolled around and it was time to head to the hospital.

We got checked in and the nurses got me all hooked up and started the meds to help my cervix soften. By that time, my grandmother and grandfather had arrived, so we spent the rest of the evening talking and watching TV. About 11:00 PM, they left to let us sleep. I started having some contractions but nothing huge. I managed to sleep that night. The next day, I had dilated to 5 cm. At some point, they gave me pitocin, but I cannot remember when. My doctor showed up at about 8:00 AM to break my water. My doctor was very happy with the progress I made and very fairly certain we would have him out by this evening. Then the contractions started coming. It was a constant, never ending wave of pain. They were hitting me hard and making me very sick. Hubby held my hand and I used the breathing and relaxation techniques I had been practicing. After several hours, I knew I was getting tired. It was time for the epidural. This is what I feared the most! I told my awesome nurse this, so she made sure I didn't see any of the equipment. It wasn't near as bad as I thought and I felt so much better afterwards.

At this time, my aunt had showed up, so I spent some time visiting with my family. My nurses kept checking me regularly and sadly, my body had slowed down. My blood pressure stayed high as well. My doctor kept checking on me throughout the day and kept getting more and more worried. Baby's heartbeat kept going up and down, my contractions slowed down, and I stopped dilating at 8 cm. At 8:00 PM, my body was still stuck at 8 cm. The doctor on call, who was the other doctor in my doctor's practice, was getting more and more concerned, as well. I could feel baby dropping and pushing on my pelvis, but my body refused to open. The doctor gave me my options. Keep trying or go for the C-section. I knew my body wasn't going to work with me. My mother never dilated with my brother or me. I had tried everything in the book get my body to respond. I think I had known in my heart since about 36 weeks that I would end up with a C-section, so I had prepared myself for it. We called the doctor back into the room and said let's go.

My family came in to give me one last hug and the nurses got me ready. Again, DH was my rock. He kept me calm and focused. He let me make all of the decisions and helped me stick to them. The doctor and team who preformed my C-section was awesome. They kept the mood light and told me exactly what was happening. The anesthesiologist as amazing. She stayed at my head the whole time and answered my endless questions. DH was by my side and had way to much fun peeking over the curtain watching to procedure. He found it fascinating. He's weird that way. :) Then I heard the sound I was waiting for. I heard my baby's cry. DH whispered in my ear, "There he is! He's huge! There's our son!". Then I started to cry. Then the team started to take bets on how big he was! DH rushed to Lucas's side and soothed him while the nurse cleaned him up. And then he brought our baby to me. Lucas had my nose and the most gorgeous gray, blue eyes. And he had a head full of hair.

They stitched me up and DH went with the nurse to the nursery to finish getting him cleaned up. This was also the only way for my family to see Lucas, since I needed to recover and visiting hours were over. My aunt told me later that she never saw a more doting father than DH. She said he stroked Lucas's head and soothed him the entire time.

They wheeled me back to my room and DH met me there with Lucas. The nurse helped me start breastfeeding immediately. The meds from the C-section made me sick and shaky, so I needed some help. He latched instantly and we haven't had any problems with breastfeeding at all! Its been an amazing experience.

My recovery has been easy and Lucas got on a routine fairly quickly. Again, DH has been awesome and takes over as soon as he gets home from work. He's made sure I eat plenty and I get up and move around. Frankenstein, the Sphynx, thinks Lucas is an awesome heating pad and thinks all the fuzzy blankets he has are awesome. Blue, the TX Blue Lacy, is a concerned big brother and comes running at every cry. Sophie, my little diva Shih Tzu, is not very impressed and pretty much ignores him.

So that's our story. I'll admit, I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get to experience a natural birth. My doctor was awesome and tried her best to give me what I wanted and I am thankful for that and her honesty. I'm just glad our little man made it here and is healthy. And last but not least, pictures of our little monkey!

2 days old

9 days old

12 days old with Blue

*Micah*
Farmgirl Sister #1478

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  08:25:52 AM  Show Profile
He's a beauty! Congratulations on a happy, healthy baby!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  08:50:35 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful story. You just totally made my day. Congrats and all of the very best wishes for all of you. He sure is one adorable little guy!!

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  09:01:17 AM  Show Profile
I am so happy for you, what good memories you will have and be able to tell your son later in life. congratulations and slow down and enjoy every minute!

God bless,

Judy

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hawkin_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Micah
Austin Texas
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  09:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Send hawkin_farmgirl an AOL message  Send hawkin_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ya'll! I make pretty babies, if I do say so myself. Well, and I guess DH helped some too. :)

DH has informed me that since we paid off our car, that I can stay at home as long as I want. That will enable me to volunteer with a dog rescue group I work with more, continue acquiring different dog training certifications, and finish getting my biology degree. So I'm very excited about that. And my new goal is to learn to can and knit, since I'll have more time.

This is going to be a fun year! :)

*Micah*
Farmgirl Sister #1478
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  09:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Micah your little Lucas is beautiful, and very handsome. Just love him to pieces, and enjoy every bit of him. We are having a new grandchild in Feb/Mar and just seeing Lucas, I'm so excited. We already have 5, ages 22-12, This one was a surprise. But I can't wait to get my hands on him/her. And yes, you make (and DH)! pretty babies. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  11:10:37 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful baby!!!! Cherish every minute with him!!! Mine are all grown, 33, 41 and 43. Only one grandchild almost 18, have not seen him since he was 8 1/2!!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  1:47:35 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful young man! So worth it!

....it's what's inside a women, when she's up against the land.

Farmgirl #680!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lessielouise22
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on the gorgeous little boy. You made me tear up with your beautiful story. I understand the desire to do a natural birth, I did both of mine without any drugs and pushed them out the old fashioned way, BUT the important thing is to get baby out healthy and whole with a whole momma to love him so you did awesome.

You're at the right place if you want to learn to can etc. We'll all help you!! :) Keep the pictures coming of you beautiful boy.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  2:30:40 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  3:45:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Micah, He is so handsome and cute enjoy every moment with him because they go by fast. I am so glad he is healthy and you are bouncing back healthy also. He is a doll baby!!!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Newest member of the Prine family! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page