Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 We are *this* close to our farm...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic We are *this* close to our farm... Next Topic  

caitlinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Kim
St.A Idaho
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  3:56:01 PM  Show Profile
A good friend of ours is renting a home on 250 acres at the base of some mountains. They are leaving next month to head to North Dakota and the oil fields. We are moving in after they are gone.

The best part though?The landlord wants to sell!! She wants a totally reasonable price, and while we definately don't need 250 acres, the price is worth it. I keep trying to be sensible and not get my hopes up but I just can't. She doesn't have any family so there is no one to leave it too, she hasn't lived on the property for 25 years, and she is very well off. She is willing to work out terms that are doable for all parties.

There are outbuildings, a barn, chicken coop, green house, old grainery, and a storage shed. There is a river going through the land. 80 acres is farmable. It has a 3bd house with an unfinished basement and attic.

It really is my dream spread, well minus a few wooded acres. I know renting it is already done but oh how I want things to work out for the purchase of the place.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. :)

www.imnaturallysimple.com
SIMPLIFY!

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:14:16 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful to be able to buy that place you so want. Got my fingers and toes crossed with prayers for extra hopes. Good luck,

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:26:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, how exciting! It's hard not to get your hopes up once you start dreaming....here's hoping everything turns out! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  4:56:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh that's exciting! I hope it happens for you!!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  5:08:59 PM  Show Profile
Get it! Get it! Get it!!!!! Sounds wonderful. I hope the terms work out and you buy your dream home!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

caitlinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Kim
St.A Idaho
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  8:55:34 PM  Show Profile
We are excited but trying not to be. I just keep praying that everything will happen the way it is supposed to, whatever that may be..... and then I dream of all the ideas I have for landscaping, animals, and the house. :D

www.imnaturallysimple.com
SIMPLIFY!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic We are *this* close to our farm... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page