Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Prayers for Dad - He's Home!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Prayers for Dad - He's Home!! Next Topic  

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  4:30:04 PM  Show Profile
My father went into the hospital today with what seems to have been a heart attack. He had been feeling winded and having pressure in his chest for 3 days and had told no one. So, last night when he got in bed he started having zinging pains down his left arm. Still told no one. Woke up this morning and did not feel well. Mom called and I went up the hill and he looked awful - gray and pasty. We called 911 and they came and got him. He seems to have perked up a bit, but they are keeping him overnight to check on him. Leave it to him, he was cracking jokes with the nurses when we got to his room. Still sick and still with a sick sense of humor.
I just want to cry.
If, when you say your prayers tonight, you could include him, I would be ever so grateful.
Thank you.
What a surprise! He ended up not having the heart cath because of the complication with his kidneys, but had a chemical stress test instead. He will go to the dr. tomorrow for the results. We were very surprised to hear them say " You are going home, Mr. Kimball!"
I thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts and kind words for our family. He still has some things to deal with, and a weak heart, but he's back with us and for that I am grateful. I am going to print out all of your wonderful posts to share with him and let him know that you all had a very large part in his still being here.'Thank you so much.
Karin

Edited by - Mumof3 on Aug 09 2006 3:18:37 PM

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  4:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I'm praying. Keep us posted about his progress, okay?

Sending you a hug,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  5:30:13 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts are with you and your dad...

My Homesteading Journal
http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal
http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com
Go to Top of Page

heathert
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Heather
Royston GA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  5:49:47 PM  Show Profile
My families thoughts & prayers shall be with your dad, God Bless

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."-Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  8:20:01 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  8:26:53 PM  Show Profile
He will be in my prayers for sure..and you too!! Hang in there!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you and your mom and dad. He sounds like a fighter!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Karin,
My night is your morning, but am sending a special one up now! Hope all will be well soon!!
Hugz Always,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i will be sending prayers to you and your family.
fran
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  03:47:51 AM  Show Profile
Karin, keep a positive hum in your heart and remember what the Bible says: "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Loving prayers for you and your family, Nance
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  04:34:19 AM  Show Profile
Karin, you and your family will be in my prayers all day and in the days to come. Stay strong, God is with you.
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  04:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Karin, prayers heading your way, stay strong and be there for your Mom, take care of yourself too! Hugs!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  07:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Karin, Just saw your post and wanted to let you know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and special prayers. We light candles at home for those we are remembering in prayer, so know that we'll have one burning for you. Please, when you can, give us an update on your father's condition. My husband had a heart attack 10 years ago and he came through it just fine. Hope to hear from you soon. (Remember to eat and drink lots of water.)

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  11:14:29 AM  Show Profile
Karin, hugs and prayers to your dad and you and your family. Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much. I just can't express to you how much each of you mean to me. I thought I would let you know that my dad has to have a heart cath tomorrow, which normally would not be that bad, but because of diabetes his kidneys are not good. So, the dye they inject may destroy his kidneys, or it may not. The stress from the heart cath can cause him to go into cardiac arrest, or it may not. So we are sitting here with a big question mark hanging over our heads.
My oldest son and our Bishop came last night to give him a blessing which gave my dad great comfort. I'll keep you posted. Thank you again.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Karin,
I am so sorry! I am also very sorry that something like a heart cath has to be scary for your family with all the health issues your dad faces. I hope and pray all goes well! You and your family are in our hearts & prayers!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Prayers for you and your family.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  7:15:22 PM  Show Profile
karin .. lots and lots of prayers are continually going heavenward for your sweet dad's recovery and good health. please keep us informed. you take good care of you too .. this has to be a very stressful time. hugs to your whole family. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  7:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
I'm prayin Hun! Glad to hear Dad perked up a bit at the hospital. The image of him joking with the nures gave me a smile. He sounds like a sweetheart.
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  05:32:51 AM  Show Profile
Karin
You and your family are in my thoughts today, let us know how things are going, always stressful waiting for test results.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  05:49:18 AM  Show Profile
Karin, prayers are coming your way. Just say a prayer that all will be well. He is in God's hands. May you find peace to help you through. Wish we were all there waiting with you, giving you support and sharing your burden. We are there in spirit! Please keep us posted when you can, and we will all be sending good thoughts, positive feelings and farmgirl hugs!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  08:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Karin,
My family said prayers for you, your dad, and family in our family prayers tonight. Keep us posted as you have the time and we are all thinking of you and holding you close in our thoughts and prayers!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  4:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better and headed home. What a blessing!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  10:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Karin,
So wonderful!! I am so glad he is back home! I hope he will be feeling even better very soon!!
Hugz!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  06:31:24 AM  Show Profile
Karin, that's wonderful. Prayers will continue for his complete healing. I'm so glad for you all.

Blessings,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Prayers for Dad - He's Home!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page