Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ***For Future ATC Swaps***** Next Topic  

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  2:20:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello girls, This is a little note to make our swapping and creating the ATC's as easy and fun as it can be!! Firstly, Please remember to write down the end of the swap date and try, try, try to have them to me by that date. I want to get them back to you in a timely manner...

Also, We have had some that have had to pull out of the swaps already closed..This is ok, but please put your desire to pull out on the swap site. Please do not send an email to me on my email address. I sometimes do not see them and fail to see that you have had to pull out. Any other mail is always welcomed!!! Just the mail that will say you are having to pull out of a swap. If you do this, we will have a more permanent record who is in or out of the swap.

From this time forward cut off will be at 22, note 22....This should cover all the ones that want to join in without having to add on to the original number. I have a hard time saying, "no" to someone who wants to join in, but the swaps do run long enough to let the majority of girls to join if they want to.

The ATC swaps are fun...I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am..
We will be having a Christmas Apron ATC Swap in the very near future. Be watching!!!!

Smiles and hugs to all....Beth

You can never be to kind!

Edited by - Beth Jones on Sep 18 2011 2:23:55 PM

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5143 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  3:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Beth, It helps me when I join a swap, to put a note on my Bulletin Board ,by my computer that says, The Name of the swap, The date the Sign up ends, and the date they are due to be mailed. Life happens to us all, But for me, I try to be courteous to others and to the person doing the swap.

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  4:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Beth! Takes a lot of organization to host these swaps and I appreciate your work with it. I have Windows 7 on my computer and have the REALLY NEAT computer version of "sticky notes" . . . and that is where I put my swap info. It's right there on my computer desktop and when I'm finished I just delete that one. I organize them by "mail by" date . . . always right there when I'm at my computer.
Looking forward to Christmas Apron ATCs . . . ought to be tons of fun!
Thanks again!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5143 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  4:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow Ceejay, that sounds so neat and easy. We don't have Windows 7 yet, So the old fashioned way will have to work for me ,for now! Lol!

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  5:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls!! You both have great ideas....I do it even more old fashioned...I keep a steno pad and write everything down!! Talk about dark ages..LOL...Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5143 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile
But Beth ,when the power goes out at work, and the Internet goes down, that's what we do!!! I like seeing my board at a glance and I keep Photos of out of State family and Friends there too, So I see their smiles as well!

Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  6:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I have it on paper as well! That's my "old-fashioned" backup!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  1:56:30 PM  Show Profile
LOL CJ :) I went and bought one of those calendars in a notebook cover at the dollar store to keep track on :) Paper rules! old fashioned or not ;)

"A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential."
— Audrey Hepburn

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  6:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Beth,
I've been neglectful and tardy lately on my ATCs. Life has gotten in the way at times, but that's no excuse either way. It's terrible to make others wait. I've started making a note on my calendar a week ahead of the mail in date to remind myself to get on the ball .... in big RED letters (I'm rather old fashioned myself and prefer paper & pen). Thinking the heads-up reminder will speed things up a bit.
Blessings,
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  02:40:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals :) I was reading on a thread where they want Mary Jane to offer an organizer ( Planner ) for us Farm Gals to purchase & I believe someone mentioned a section for keeping track of swaps. I hope Mary Jane gets wind of this. I think it to be a great idea ;) I keep mine in a planner like Sissy but a special organizer made just for MJF, well that would be perfect :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5143 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5143 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  3:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Madeline that would be wonderful!!

Imagine....#3392