Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Embroidery machines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Embroidery machines Next Topic  

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  11:53:37 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have an embroidery machine? I'm looking at purchasing a Brother PE770. I have a good sewing machine, so I'm okay with it only providing one function. It only makes images as big as 5 x 7, but I'm thinking it might be a good starter, and for the things I'm thinking of embellishing, 5 X 7 should be big enough. Any words of wisdom from folks who have experience with embroidery machines?

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
A Beehive is the ultimate Home Sweet Home

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  2:00:29 PM  Show Profile
I have had a few different ones, a viking, a bernina, and 2 brother ones. I still have my brother one and I love the brother ones the best. Mine is an older one that sews and does embroidery and is only 5x7 at it's largest. I find it does everything I want it to do.. I have lots of embroidery files so if you need something don't hesitate to ask and if I can answer anything else or help you out in any way, just ask.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  3:01:54 PM  Show Profile
I have a Janome New Home that I just loved, but last week when I went to sew with it, the screen would not light up. I went to the sewing place and they figure it will cost about $&00.00 for the new part. I looked at some reviews on the internet and they basically said do not spend the money to fix it because the machine I have is too old and obsolete. Guess I have to find a simple zigzag one. Computers do not last forever, unfortunately!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:06:19 PM  Show Profile
try some garage sales too if all you want is a mechanical machine. I have found some good deals on them that way...my sister found one for $1.00 that works really good just for sewing....

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  4:36:36 PM  Show Profile
I have had several and my favorite is my Pfaff, they no longer make the model I have but I love it and have had zero problems with it unlike the Bernina and Viking that I had.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  07:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls for your responses. I'm so excited about the idea of finally getting an embroidery machine. I actually sat and read the operating manual for the Brother machine online yesterday! I have so many creative ideas for how I will be able to use it. Just need to finish a few in progress projects first else I'll never go back to them once I get my new toy!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  09:01:19 AM  Show Profile
Well have fun, I am sure you will enjoy it. To me the software for the brother is much more user friendly than the others too, so you will be happy I am sure....

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  08:55:07 AM  Show Profile
The machine arrived yesterday!! Here it is right out of the box! Oh the possibilities.....

Here it is working away on my test piece. It performed really well...needed to make one little adjustment with the bobbin tension, but overall I'm very pleased so far.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  09:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
My Momma left me her Phaff Creative 1471 when she died and left her Elna to my sister. I am so intimidated by it. I have looked at machine and just don't know if I want to even attempt it. Kathy, is it really hard to learn to use? I know my Momma loved this one and her Elna. She was such a good seamstress. Thanks for any info you can provide.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  6:00:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh please don't be intimidated by the machine. Read the manual and start working. you will have so much fun....

beverley baggett
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  7:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Beverley, I had to get the company to send me the manual which they emailed me...I have the ideal book but didn't get the manual, which I am sure Momma had somewhere. When I go back to her house I'm sure I will find it. I am going to give it a try...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  6:27:34 PM  Show Profile
Paula, I emailed you. I have some questions, and hopefully you will not mind answering them. I am interested in purchasing one also, and have heard that the Brother is one of the good ones.
Thanks so much. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  07:08:09 AM  Show Profile
Penny The Pfaff 1471 is a great machine and a dream to use, that was my first Pfaff and I have upgraded over the years a few times but would go back to that machine any day. Don't be afraid of it just play with it and you will be hooked.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  11:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Kathy, now that I got the pillowcases done for the Rescued girls...I am going to take it out and see if I can get use to it...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Embroidery machines Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page