happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  08:11:23 AM  Show Profile
DH surprised me with a 4-day family vacation to Branson, MO; we left Monday morning early and returned late last night. It was the first time since Spring Break that all 4 of us were together for more than a few hours, and I had a fantastic time!

While we were gone the concrete man poured the foundation for the room that adjoins the house to the future garage. Our contractor is here today roughing in the plumbing, and the basement floor will be poured Monday, weather permitting.

The article about my job situation and my interview was in the paper but I only got to skim it and need to go read it online. I'm dreading that because I know they also interviewed my former principal and superintendent, and I've heard that they did exactly what I knew they'd do -- spin it their way -- but that's okay. I know what is true and what isn't, and I just have to keep hanging on to that.

Well, I need to go to my mother-in-law's and bake my cakes for the church picnic tomorrow. We'll be serving kettle beef, chicken 'n dumplings, home-made pies and cakes, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes, and other goodies, so if you're in my part of the woods, come on over!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  08:24:33 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Pattie, you deserved a get away. Sounds like your new place is coming along, Is there a date or a month when you are hoping to be moved in? Oh happy day when that comes!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  7:47:55 PM  Show Profile
We're figuring it will be near the middle to end of October. I will have more than usual to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  11:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Patti..that is for sure ...a wonderful Thanksgiving it sounds like!! I am so glad you were able to get away for a bit! Sometimes all it takes is a nice break to make the whole world seem a little better and kinder!

That get together sounded just wonderful!! I wish I could have stopped by!! I hope you enjoy it and that you have a wonderful day for the picnic!
Hugz!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  11:46:34 PM  Show Profile
Patti -- glad that you had a nice little vacation. The menu for the church picnic sounds yummy!

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Back from a mini-vacation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page