Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 home filing system question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic home filing system question Next Topic  

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  06:22:39 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a good idea for a home filing system with folders and all. Maybe help me with a list of names for the folders.

thanks

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  08:11:18 AM  Show Profile
We have had a filing cabinet for years, some of the files are Owners Manuals, Tax Crap, Home Improvement Receipts, Investment Papers, Medical, Banking, Charity, Pet Papers (this is all the papers relating to the dogs, shot records, pedigree etc., Warranty papers. That's just some that I can remember without wading through the crap in DH office to go look.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  08:35:48 AM  Show Profile
In my filing cabinet, I have in addition to what Kathy listed, a drawer for craft projects with dividers for specific ones like scra-pbooking, needlework, etc. As a former secretary, I learned to buy one position tab file folders instead of the triple cut ones most people use. This way if you have to add or remove a file folder, you won't mess up the line up of the tabs, they'll always be in the same position. This system always worked for me as long as I could alphabetize.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  08:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If we have open accounts that we are paying on, I file the bills by the company name as well. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  09:24:13 AM  Show Profile
I keep file folders for each of our utilities and bills. I have a see through folder that ties shut for each of the kids important papers. Those have their immunization records and other important papers about each one of them with their names on the front. I keep all our tax forms in a file for each year and that goes for fafsa's for my college aged daughter. Unfortnately I am a pile maker and have a stack on our desk (my dresser) for the current bills. Hope that helps.

God bless,

Judy

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

momof2jrt
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Denise
grafton wv
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  09:28:27 AM  Show Profile
thank you guys so much..
Go to Top of Page