tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  3:54:46 PM  Show Profile
We went out to the land that we own (50 acres about 1/2 hour from where we live) on Sunday just to enjoy the campfire, do some mowing, pick raspberries and picnic. We have some wild plums and came home with a gallon bucket, full to overflowing. The wild grapes were ripe, so picked a plastic grocery bag full of those. Then there is an apple tree on the line between our property and the house down the hill (currently no one living there, for sale). We picked over 2 gallon buckets of apples. we had so much fun picking the fruit and now I am trying a spiced plum recipe that I found, turned the rest into juice and will make some apple juice and make plum/apple jelly. Also making wild grape jelly (need more grapes, which DH is picking today. Also plan to get started on apple sauce for this winter. I love having that fruit free for the picking (okay we have to pay for the land, so really not free, but I don't have to buy it!) Anyone else love picking fruit whenever it comes in season. We also have black raspberries growing wild and blackberries. I have jam and jelly coming out my ears already Good thing my DH loves jam!

Tammy

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  6:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
How fortunate you are! I have persimmons and muscadines and am trying to ybeg apples and pears from neighbors and complete strangers to pad my freezer. Enjoy your bounty!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic wild fruit.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page