natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  01:29:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but it's food related, so I figured this should work.

I watched the movie 'Forks Over Knives' tonight!

Thank you God!!!!

I found a movie that truly resonates with me! It is pretty much everything I have been preachin at my family for years, only with Dr's and scientist's to back me up!

It reached my Hubby in a way I have never been able to. It is an absolute answer to my prayers! It had athletes and firefighters and regular people in the studies. It was amazing!

I am so astonished I can't even begin to describe it. I am waitin for an email back on how to host a screening of this for my family and church. I want to be involved in this movement! And I'm the type of person who hides from everything and everyone!

My Hubby is on board for the whole foods/slow foods/healthy lifestyle 100% for the first time. He is actually excited about it and wants to get involved in the movement as well. He is even gonna issue a challenge to his motorcycle club to join him in a healthy living contest!!

I just can't get over the change in his attitude and thinkin!

I know he just picked that movie to watch to try to be nice to me, cause I really wanted to watch it. As the movie started he picked up a magazine to read, but about 30 minutes into it I noticed his magazine was on the table and he was completely ingrossed in the movie! It actually reached him! Now he wants to watch 'Food Inc' and the other movies about food on netflix that I've been watchin and see all the research I've done on health and nutrician.

I'm so excited I can't sleep!

We are gonna create a health book tomorrow night, after our cookout, to log our weight, blood pressure, blood sugar, health complaints, and cholesterol. We are actually gonna go have our cholesterol tested for this once a month for a year! I can't believe this is happening!

I'm sittin here rewatchin all the movies about food I watched before because I know this is gonna come up at the cookout tomorrow. I want to have as much info as I can ready for the barage of questions I know will come up.

I have to be ready and able to feed this new excitement in him. I've been prayin for this for so long! We are both watchin our parents go down hill healthwise and have been talkin about not wantin our kids to face the same thing with us. Now I have a chance to change things with us and I'm gonna take it!

I'm gonna start a thread in the health forum titled 'Forkers', as soon as we have our book ready to go, for anyone who wants to join us in this experiment and see how it changes your life too!

I gotta say, watch this movie! It's mind blowing and life changing!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  03:49:48 AM  Show Profile
So happy for you! Isn't it amazing when things all come together? I have never heard of the movie, but it will now go on my list to watch. I remember watching Food Inc with my family and watching their jaws drop open and me saying "See? I'm NOT crazy!" I'm glad you are excited and I look forward to hearing you update about this often! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  08:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have never heard of this movie. Is it on netflix?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Yes! My Hubby found it and read the movie description to me. I really wanted to watch it, but never expected him to start it right then. It was in the new release movie list!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  08:46:29 AM  Show Profile
I hate to sound dumb but what are you talking about? I have never heard of this moviee. What is it about? Maybe I would be interested? Maybe?

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  7:39:47 PM  Show Profile
It's a scientific explaination in terms a non-scientist can understand of why meat and meat products are destructive to our bodies. It explains how whole foods and natural healing is best. It is amazing and new, so I hadn't heard of it before either.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  7:48:16 PM  Show Profile
By the way, today was day one of our transition to the diet. We both had eggs and breads today, but no meat. It wasn't a bad day. We ate a little fruit as a snack. I am not quite ready to go vegan, but vegetarian with milk, eggs, and cheese still allowed is gonna be fairly easy.

We are gonna use meat as a seasoning and occasional side dish at least as long as there is still meat in the freezer. I can't bring myself to get rid on a nearly full freezer of meat with money tight like it is right now. I simply won't buy any more.

I am also eliminating refined foods from our diets. I have my own noodle maker and am gettin pretty good at makin my own bread. I will keep sugar to some extent, and chocolate! I will use honey for as much as possible, but some things do require sugar, and I don't have access to a sugar maple to make my own. Maybe someday...

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  1:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info. I find this very interesting. I had thought about going vegan but I'm married to a meat-loving man and there will be no way of stopping him from having his red meat. I don't really like any kind of meat and could live without it. We both love veggies and fruit and try to be as organic as our funds will allow.

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  09:32:50 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's been a few days now. We have had tiny bits of meat here and there, but very little. I thought it would be really hard, but even the kids aren't fussin.

We've both lost about 2 pounds and are even findin that a lot of restaraunts have some vegetarian options that we really enjoy. It's even gotten my Hubby thinkin he needs to cut back sodas and sweets since he is seein some results already.

I am makin my 'leftover' vege soup for tonight and everyone is really lookin forward to it. I keep an empty ice cream tub in the freezer for those little bit of veges that are always left after a meal. Then when it's full I add some tomato juice and we have soup!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  6:24:21 PM  Show Profile
This is rare enthusiasm indeed! Very refreshing! Congratulations and please do keep sharing how this is going!

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  07:26:12 AM  Show Profile
Everyone should check out Netflix streaming. There are a lot of "good food" type documentaries there. I have watched quite a few and earlier this year it changed me enough to insist my husband let me have a garden again. We rent and the landlord said OK so off to the races I went. I have a work garden of 25 x 40 and a home garden of 23 x 26. We have canned some items, eaten healthier this summer and have loads of stuff frozen too. I had aimed at having enough out of the garden to not need to buy much veggies this winter but did not quite get there yet. Soem other netflix titles to watch would be Fed Up, Food Matters, Deconstructing Supper, and King Corn (for those of you that farm).

God bless,

Judy

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  1:42:15 PM  Show Profile
I noticed that movie on Netflix the other night but I wasn't sure what it was about. I will have to check it out! :D

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
lepelstraat noord brabant
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  2:19:48 PM  Show Profile
I will have to search for the movie here so my family can watch.
since 2 months I don't eat meat,milk, cheese, sugar etc.
my family thinks I'm crazy when i told them how bad these things are for your body. They said that everywhere it has been known to be very good for you. They just don't belive me.But now they have seen what it does to my body, I'm feeling so much better now, i never have a swollen stomach at the end of the day and I lost a little more then 6 pounds and it stays of. so now they say yes, it works for you but it doesn't have to be all that bad.......Since 3 weeks I have been following some vegetarian cooking workshops and I have learned a lot.
I don't say that I will never eat meat again as I propably will have a small bit of deer, pheasant, rabbit etc that my husband will bring home after some hunting during the winter.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

http://thymeandlavender.blogspot.com

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Forks Over Knives!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page