Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Yay! Sewing class for daughter!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Yay! Sewing class for daughter!!!! Next Topic  

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  1:24:53 PM  Show Profile
Yay! My daughter is FINALLY taking a sewing class!!! I've been trying to get her into one for years but either they fill up, get cancelled, aren't available, or even one time she was all set to take a class, was at the store, and the instructor FORGOT!!! We've bought patterns and fabric and notions over the years without any success.

A couple of days ago we were at JoAnn's and saw they had a teenage class to make "lazy pants". When we went to sign her up my heart sank because no one else had signed up! The clerk said the new intructor had been holding them even with only one student and last night my daughter had her first of two sessions!!! It was kind of nice the one on one. I stayed and learned quite a bit myself! I used to sew, back in the Stoneage, and remember quite a bit but still... The instructor is really nice, too.

My daughter is quite academic and will be taking all AP classes this school year. I've wanted to see her have more balance in her life and she's finally got an interest in cooking and baking and now again, sewing.

One happy mom, Karin
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Yay! Sewing class for daughter!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page