Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Good Morning ..Whats on your to do list today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good Morning ..Whats on your to do list today? Next Topic  

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  05:46:42 AM  Show Profile
Adding a new peach tree to my garden today, cleaning front porch off, Take care of family, cooking , ect. Hope to sqeeze in a little needle point! What ever you plan have a great day!!!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  05:59:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm doing something crazy bad for my back today!! I am laying ceramic tile in our new "special" room that my dh built for me. It is so pretty. Powder blue with white trim and a vaulted ceiling with all windows and glass vented door on all walls except one where a wood stove is being installed on Friday. So I have to get the floor in this weekend!! I can see my bird feeders and trees while I sit in front of the heat this winter. So that's what I'll be doing all day while I have 4 lbs of beef jerky dehydrating in the kitchen. Just got that started. Loooooong day ahead.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  06:41:10 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth ~ That sounds so beautiful! I don't think I would ever leave a room like that.
Let's see today I have to finish my class website, get some new clothes for DD (and maybe a little something for myself) Lunch with DD and DH, then clean,clean,clean! Our flors were just sanded and refinished and the walls have been patched, sanded and repainted (can you say dust?!) So a cleaning day it is for me!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1504 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  07:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth, your special room sounds wonderful - enjoy it!

I'm off to our garden this morning to check on my honeybees, pick beans and do some much needed weeding. I worked with my crew all week at a jobsite so I'm pretty physically exhausted today but still looking forward to the peaceful aspects of being in my garden and not having to be anywhere else. A family of coyotes has been out prancing and preying in our freshly mowed field all week, so I'm hoping they will be there this morning. So fun to watch them playing, sunning themselves and darting in and out of the woods from a safe distance.

Elaine, I've also got house cleaning on my list for the weekend. I've been so darn busy at work for the past two months that nothing has been getting done at home. I've got dust bunnies watching me from every corner. It's high time for a clean house day!

I'm also hoping to get a little crafting and/or tatting time in, too.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2319 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2319 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  07:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh Mary Beth your new room sounds beautiful! So far today I have done my livestock chores, cleaned up the kitchen, picked what is ready in the garden, started a load of laundry and as soon as DH calls I will hitch a ride with him in the truck to bring the tractor and baler home. Thank I will help him move to a different field to haul bales out it. I need to mow my Mother-in-laws lawn and should it warm up and dry a little bit we should be back to combining this afternoon. Whew, sure glad tommorow is Sunday, no matter what is happening around here we do not work on Sundays. Have a great day everyone!

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  07:38:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. I envy you all so much. You are picking in your gardens? And Dorinda is planting a peach tree!! How wonderful. My garden, one apple tree and all of the grass burned up to a crisp. 60 some odd days of 100 - 115 just "done her in". :-) Treasure your pickin's!! They are worth gold around here! My kingdom for a home grown tomato!!! :-) Aren't we all just busy bees?

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  08:11:24 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth I wish you were close enough to come pick. I have Roma tomatoes all 6 plants ripe at once. Sauce will be on the stove today. I'll pick green beans while that is simmering. Laundry is going now. I'll fix breakfast at lunch for sweetie, son and granddaughter. They can't wait to try the elderberry pancake syrup I made this week. ( Me either!) I need to reorganize my potting area to see what I need for seed starting in the spring. At some point I need to vacuum and mop the house. Should have done that when no one was here but I spent all last week picking, cleaning and putting up elderberries and beans. I also need to clean out and reorganize the camper. We are planning a kayak camping trip next weekend. Can't wait!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

ellimae
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

eileen
edison nj
29 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  09:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Good God, you women are busy! I'm just doing laundry and tidying up from the irene flood. blessings, elli

Do as the farmgals do!
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  09:58:30 AM  Show Profile
Connie, if you were close enough for me to pick, you'd be burned up too!! :-) But hope is on its way. Possibly 80's tomorrow?? May it be so!!!

And Eileen...I'd say cleaning up from a flood pretty well tops the rest of us!!! :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  10:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a busy day for you ladies! I'm working on a workshop I'm doing at an upcoming homeschooling conference and then I'm taking the boys out to the woods for the rest of the day so we can explore, maybe start a campfire. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  11:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Amy , How fun is that!! A campfire in the woods!! Hope you find some treasure in the woods. If not just treasure the time with your boys!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  12:41:02 PM  Show Profile
picked green beans, cleaned them, will be blanching and freezing later, making nectar and filling hummingbird feeders, relaxing after a tough week, and going out to dinner with my husband's cousins later.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good Morning ..Whats on your to do list today? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page