Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  05:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I saw the first turned leaves today. I am horrified. Summer just got here!! I am looking forward to fall weather but I don't think I am ready for what comes after fall- and around here we burn through the fall days so quickly that as soon as you see the color change- you better start buying winter coats and snow boots!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  07:05:04 AM  Show Profile
We have also seen a few trees around here start to turn. Seems early, but I'm not sure if it really is or not! I'm not too bummed out though, Fall is my favorite time of year and I wish it were fall all year long! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  07:25:45 AM  Show Profile
I am ready! Bring it on!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:05:11 AM  Show Profile
Me too! I am so looking forward to Fall in our new place!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:16:13 AM  Show Profile
I saw a few turned leaves yesterday when we were in Susquehanna County, PA for the Harford Fair - I'm not ready yet either!!!!!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:26:12 AM  Show Profile
We've got whole trees that have gone red and yellow already... isn't this amazing!? I love fall, so I'm sooo ready. School starts soon, the garden is almost all gone... my pumpkins are even done! Soon it will be apple pickin' time! Bulky sweater weather - yes! I can't wait! I'm so sorry for all of you who haven't had much of a summer... ours came early and then suddenly it was over, so I can just imagine how those of you whose summer has just begun all are feeling. I guess we just have to embrace the seasons as they come. :) Times... they are a-changin'... Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  08:30:44 AM  Show Profile
The Poplar trees seem to be really yellow right now. And I noticed this morning that the silver maple tree leaves are all over my front yard. Yes, I love fall too but am NOT looking forward to winter at all. We still have to egt a wood stove and more wood.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  11:23:40 AM  Show Profile
I love Fall...a couple trees around me are starting to turn, the squirrels are gathering like crazy, made some pumpkin cranberry bread last weekend and pumpkin punch project! Fall is in the air...YEAH!!
Go to Top of Page

momdrinkstea
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Elizabeth
Ozark AL
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  1:52:29 PM  Show Profile
Saw geese headed south for the first time 2 weeks ago, and leaves have been drifting downwards here for a MONTH!!!!
Fall is my fave, but WOWZA, it's EARLY!

Stacked Stone Farm
feel free to follow my blog: www.stackedstonefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  1:58:10 PM  Show Profile
I am not noticing too many leaves turning, except on the sumacs. Some of those are already a lovely red. I am so looking forward to fall, it is my absolutely favorite time of year. It was warm (86)yesterday, but did not feel like it because there was a strong northwest wind that was cool...kind of crazy!

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank God! Summer came too early and has stayed too long. Any relief from the heat will be welcome here.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  6:33:14 PM  Show Profile
We haven't had much summer this year, but I am an autumn girl all the way! Yesterday early morning I was out watering the horses and there was the faintest scent of autumn on the wind! Swooshing through leaves, bringing out favorite sweaters and baking time! Yippee!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  7:53:25 PM  Show Profile
I went for a walk at our recreated prairie and we saw a nearly grown fawn--yes, soon fall will be here.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sadie Hawkins
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Sarah
Reno NV
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  12:27:46 AM  Show Profile
My little boy and I were just talking about this today as we spotted our first tiny bit of red in our red maples..it's coming, and I do love it. Apple picking, lots of crockpot recipes...and gearing up for what costumes we will make for Halloween! Love it!
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:24:41 PM  Show Profile
I noticed some leaves turning on my morning walk the other day. I agree with Alee. It makes me a little nervous that winter is on it's way. Fall is my favorite time of year. I don't know how it is for the rest of you but there are some years when Fall only lasts about 3 weeks. I think Fall should last as long as Summer or Winter!
This week we have had our hottest temperatures of the whole summer so I would welcome Fall now if it could last!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

JessieLovesToCraft
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Jessie
Loxahatchee FL
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:30:14 PM  Show Profile
Fall can't come soon enough in FL :( Leaves probably won't even begin to hint another color until October...sigh....

Farmgirl Sister #3404
Jessie

A wise girl knows her limits, but a real girl realizes she doesn't have any!
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:55:12 PM  Show Profile
The sky has looked like fall recently. A clearer blue than summer? Leaves are starting to fall here too. I thought it was cause it is so dry but then I realized August is almost over. Some of the tobacco farmers are already firing up their barns. That is a sure sign that fall is around the corner in these parts.
Fall is my favorite season too. It is such a relief to be outside without the humidity and heat. I love the smells, tastes and sights of fall. And then there is Halloween too! Oh and the food! Can't come to soon for me.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

upnorthgirl
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Sharon
St. Germain WI
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  8:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Send upnorthgirl a Yahoo! Message
I hate to even think about fall... my tomato's have just started to turn red!!! I have also begun to see several maple trees turn red up here in norhtern Wisconsin, which means old man winter is right around the corner... I am not ready for him either! I want summer back! (But Fall is really my favorite time of the year!)
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  8:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Me, too. Just picked 3 tomatoes and the aspens are turning. But, the change of each season is exciting.
marianne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  05:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love fall but I just feel a bit behind the curve. My carrots are not ready...I hav many more green tomatoes than red- my corn is just starting to develope silks let alone full ears, my pumpkins are starting to turn oragne but aren't ready yet and my watermellon needs another few weeks...

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  1:28:14 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE fall. It is my favorite season of all. I was shopping the other day and came across some fall decorations and just had to buy some and already put them out around the house. I look forward to going outside and sitting in the cool air next to a fire. Smelling the autumn air and smoke from the wood burning.

Here comes the warmer weather!!! May God Bless all of our gardens!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  1:43:30 PM  Show Profile
How about we post some pictures of fall around our places. I would love to see some pictures of fall from your places.

Here comes the warmer weather!!! May God Bless all of our gardens!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  3:21:47 PM  Show Profile
I am weighing in with Jessie from Gainesville, Florida. We don't see too much change until late October through December! But, I sure have enjoyed reading about all of the early signs that FarmGirls have shared. It allows me imagine what they are viewing and that will have to do for now. Yesterday and today were 100 degrees so anything below 90 degrees would be welcomed. I have been busy with some fall craft projects with all of the fun swaps so that is keeping my spirits up and helping to bide time way down here. I do have a fall trip to the north Georgia Mts the last weekend of Sept. with my best friend for apple pickin. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  1:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Alee, we have had 54 days of over 100 degrees -- some of which reached 112 on Paradise. We've had color change here, as well. From green to dead brown. Yes ma'am, I am looking forward to fall and winter. The colder the better. of course, here again, our lowest is around 20 degrees, so I won't hope for super cold weather for y'all, just us! And you know, if you want some extra summer, I've still got your room ready anytime you want to visit!

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  05:50:46 AM  Show Profile
My leaves are dried and beginning to fall already...fall is in the air tho. Once I get the last of the hay cut and rolled then it can come on it. Hugs and Prayers,

PHR Farmgirl #1093
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  07:00:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm with the gardeners waiting for green tomatoes to turn red. I keep looking them over going "Hurry!"

I also wish fall lasted a bit longer. It's way too beautiful to be so short!

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fall Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page