Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Thanks Denise! ~ "What kind of Wife are you?"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thanks Denise! ~ "What kind of Wife are you?" Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  08:06:16 AM  Show Profile
Spin-off from the topic in Parenting/Kids...

What kind of wife are you?

Hmmmmm...Definitely NOT June Cleaver! Although, I LOVED those pearls!

Melody
Farmgirl #525

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  10:27:37 AM  Show Profile
That's a great question. Maybe we should ask our husbands that one since right now my opinion of my housekeeping skills puts me right up there with Ma Kettle! This packing is really getting to me and I can't seem to stay focused on any one task. Sitting here at the computer isn't getting the job done any sooner, either.

Nancy B.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  11:14:15 AM  Show Profile
I would have to say I am a 'no nonsense' type of wife but I do have a natural 'mothering' side that comes out occasionally...lol...Unfortunitely as a artist type I would marry a science type so at times I end up doing everything myself since he shuts off his 'wife' ears when i call him....but I am very independent & have learned to do things myself.....We have a odd marriage where I let him do what he wants & only occasionally get on to him if too much $ is spent for silly things but I try to be overly open minded as I too do what I want so it works for us....I do love cooking things he enjoys...I take care of all the $, bills, household duties, ect he only has to mow the yard when he is here, get the car fixed & oil changes & occasionally take out the trash.....so yes I have overly spoiled him but thats the Mother side of me...but I will not put up with his colds that he thinks he is dying from...I give him the meds he needs & then leave him alone to get better.....I think I am this way cause I spent 13 yrs alone so I am used to even after 20 somethings yrs of being with him doing things by myself....as I said it works for us most of the time :)...Michele'
Oh & by the way I think I am a "Roseann Barr' type of wife & mother...lol
Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622

Edited by - batznthebelfry on Aug 23 2011 12:40:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  7:46:20 PM  Show Profile
Earlier this evening DH said I was a very dynamic wife. I was not afraid to try new things and was very creative and outgoing. I keep 2/3 of the house cleaned up and pretty much refuse to go to the dark side (other 1/3). His organization system is very different from mine and it would drive me crazy trying to tidy up his "mess." I just have to ignore it. DD is 5 so it's always in a state of needing something cleaned up.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure. On Mother's day, my husband bought me 4 cards. One from him, one from our 2 year old little girl, one from the dogs and one signed, "The Universe". I guess he thinks pretty highly of me and I can't complain about that.

I think that I'm encouraging, loving, nurturing, probably, most of all. My husband had a pretty rocky childhood that often affects his adulthood and some of his views. I listen, try to understand but give different perspectives--we're still a very "young" couple, even though we just celebrated our 10th anniversary. If I need to pick from tv wives, I'm going to say "Laura", Mary Tyler Moore's character from the Dick Van Dyke show.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  6:48:41 PM  Show Profile
I am a very good wife. I cater to my whole family. Yes I spoil all of them as much as I can. We never go to bed with out everyone saying good night to each other. Kind of like The Waltons I guess. I take very good care of my husband. We have been in business for 28 years and I have stood by his side through thick and thin. I am very proud of my husband and sons. We work as a team. Neither one of my boys have ever drank alcohol or used any drugs. Heck I don't think they ever went to any high school partys. My home is tidy and loving. I think they just all love their home. I think I have done a wonderful job as a wife and mother.....I know when the lord is calling me home I will have no regrets of how I lived my life. Just simple , fun, and loving everyone.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thanks Denise! ~ "What kind of Wife are you?" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page