CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  7:44:59 PM  Show Profile

this is my daughter, Wednesday's, tummy at 31 weeks pregnant .. she is low .. all in front ... (wouldn't know she is pregnant from the back) .. and looks like she swallowed a basketball .. a VERY LARGE basketball!

what do you gurlz think she is having (olde wives' tales)

BOY .. or GIRL?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  8:38:34 PM  Show Profile
Yep! Looks like a boy to me!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  8:56:59 PM  Show Profile
That's what I looked like and I had a BOY!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  04:10:48 AM  Show Profile
A BABY!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  05:14:26 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CabinCreek-Kentucky

this is my daughter, Wednesday's, tummy at 31 weeks pregnant .. she is low .. all in front ... (wouldn't know she is pregnant from the back) .. and looks like she swallowed a basketball .. a VERY LARGE basketball!

what do you gurlz think she is having (olde wives' tales)

BOY .. or GIRL?

When I was pregnant with my first child and living in Massachusetts, my mom was back home in old Virginnie showing off a prego photo of me at about seven months. One of the ladies who saw it was an old retired nurse, and she promptly told my mom I was carrying a boy; and voila!! along came Joshua! Two years later, carrying the same way I was "consoling" my mom on the phone long distance saying "Mom, I am sure it is another boy, because I am carrying the same way, and my sis-in-law had recently had a baby carrying it wide and she had a girl. Sure enough, I was introducing Joshua to his new baby brother, Jason! SO I am with the other gals, it's gonna be a (beautiful) baby boy!! Congrats, Frannie!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  7:59:04 PM  Show Profile
it's so interesting because on my kentucky ramblers list of gurlfrenz .. i have about half of the ladies saying they carried like wednesday, (low, out front, basketball) .. and it was a BOY .. the other half are saying that they carried (low .. out front .. basketeball shape) .. and it was a GIRL .. so go figure!!!!

she had a doc appointment today .. and they have a DO NOT TELL note on her record ..

today she told the doctor .. that it feels like the baby is 'wrapped all around her inside'. he replied .. that's how my wife said all three of her pregnancies felt like with all three of our GIRLS.

i'm thinkin' it is a boy .. but have a secret desire for a little girl this time. all babies are magical and miraculous .. and what is waitin' for her in her tummy .. is jus' what god has planned for her .. and that is good. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  12:33:53 PM  Show Profile
I looked just like that with #3. I had a big baby girl 3 weeks early....Sheila Rose.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  7:58:50 PM  Show Profile
OHHHH .. from you lips to god's ear .. i'm secretly hoping for a little girl to go with her little boy! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  12:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Wives tales....I cared both out and low, one boy and one girl.

Now here's one for you Frannie! Both my brothers are pilots and they say pilots have a higher percentage of girls. Well one brother and SIL are expecting. I've not heard if she knows yet. Mom keeps saying it's going to be a girl.....DD and I say no, a boy.

Frannie, I'm delighted to hear your daughter doesn't want to know. I didn't either. My pregnancy was so normal with my son, that I didn't have an ultra sound done. Tell your daughter for me she is not alone in all the harassment she is receiving about not wanting to know. I really felt harassed on that issue. My feelings were, "if God wanted me to know he would have told me." I deep in my heart knew I was having a boy, so in a sense He let me know.

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  07:23:26 AM  Show Profile
hi kim .. it truly is an olde wives tale (as are many other fun little 'facts' we hear to 'predict' whether a baby-not-yet-born is a boy or a girl.

i've not heard the 'pilot' tale before. but think it fun that your brothers believe it! some of my friends are telling me that they too, carried the 'same' way for both boy and girl .. others say they carried totally different for boys and girls.

oh, and Wednesday surely doesn't feel at all harrassed about everyone 'guessing' her baby's sex .. she finds it great fun to hear the excitement and stories and predictions. i'm so sorry that you felt harrassed by people trying to guess and predict your babies.

i've had friends who were POSITIVE they were having a boy .. and ended up with a girl .. and vice-versa .. sooo .. i'm not so sure i believe about 'god's voice' on that one.

i'm one of the 'curious' people about all things in life .. and i am surely willing to wait to hear answers .. but this is one of the 'fun' things in life to guess about .. and we have 38 to 40 long weeks to 'play' with it.

ha! i even have three baby kitties that just got born literally in my garden ... and i can hardly wait to see if they are boys or girls .. i'm GUESSING 2 boys and a girl .. cuz' i already named them: Billy, Willy and Jilly (the momma kitty .. i call: Lilly). And, just like human babies .. it troooooooly doesn't matter boy or girl .. both are god's blessing .. but it is just a fun thing to do in life .. no more or less important than 'guessing' the ending of a 'who-dun-it' movie. hugs, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic boy or girl? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page