HealthyEating
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Barbara
Dawsonville Georgia
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  5:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls all - this is my first time on the forum so I hope I am doing this right. I wanted to post my take on a ChillOver recipe I came up with. Actually, it was sort of accidental, because I didn't have all of the proper ingredients for the "Apple of My Eye" ChillOver recipe in MaryJanes Ideabook. Mary Ann Witcher, our Chapter leader at the Georgia Farmgirls here, said it reminded her of what they used to have at the holidays in her childhood. Here's what I did and it sure turned out well. For more information on the sweeteners I used, see my website at www.HealthyEatingOnTheRun.com/natural-sweeteners.html.

Apple Cranberry Chill Over
Yield: 4 servings

2 large red or golden delicious apples
1/2 teaspoon Lo Han or Stevia sweetener plus more for cranberries
1 packet (1 teaspoon) Chill Over Powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries

1. Barely cover the cranberries with water and soak them for 1-2 hours to rehydrate them.
2. After soaking, add the extra sweetener of your choice to the cranberries to taste.
3. Core the apples and puree them in a blender.
4. If the apple mixture doesn’t equal 2 cups after pureeing, add some cranberry soak water until it does.
5. Add the 1/2 teaspoon sweetener to the apples in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to medium-high and sprinkle the Chill Over powder in while stirring.
7. Cook for three minutes only while stirring.
8. Add cinnamon, walnuts and cranberries and blend.
9. Spoon into 4 small dessert dishes or ramekins and put in the refrigerator for one to two hours to set. Enjoy!

* Indicates something that needs to be done ahead of time.

www.HealthyEatingOnTheRun.com
Home of the healthy good for you chocolate

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  3:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing Barbara.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  3:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Barbara, I was just reading your recipe using "Chill-over", it sounded wonderful. I also noticed that you just live over the mountain from me! I'm in Blue Ridge, GA.
Welcome to "The Farm", it's a great place to be.
I also signed up for your e-newsletter :)
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

HealthyEating
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Barbara
Dawsonville Georgia
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  6:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ruth - I'm glad to know you thought enough of the site to sign up for the newsletter. I hope that you'll enjoy it.

Actually, I live right across the valley from Amicalola Falls but I have an Ellijay address. Figure that one out for me!

Do you have a full-fledged chapter up there in Blue Ridge? We meet in Cumming at the Dawson/Forsyth line, which is a half-hour drive for me but we have our own Henhouse and a great group of gals. I'm working on getting my badges and having a ball doing it. -Barbara

quote:
Originally posted by violetrose

Hi Barbara, I was just reading your recipe using "Chill-over", it sounded wonderful. I also noticed that you just live over the mountain from me! I'm in Blue Ridge, GA.
Welcome to "The Farm", it's a great place to be.
I also signed up for your e-newsletter :)
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine

www.HealthyEatingOnTheRun.com
Home of the healthy good for you chocolate
Go to Top of Page

Noras granddaughter
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Brenda
GA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  11:37:07 AM  Show Profile
Hey Barbara,
This is your long-lost canning class friend and Farmgirl sister! I was googling for Chill-over recipes because I want to plow into my packets of Chill-over and try something. Wouldn't you know it, there you were before me blazing the trail. You are incredible. I am in a whirl everytime MaryJane's magazine comes out and I read all the badges you have earned. Hey, everyone, I think this Farmgirl is the Queen of the Badges. She's my inspiration. I'm lucky cause I get to rub shoulders with her when I can get to the meetings! Go girl. Make Georgia Farmgirls a name to remember!
Luv ya,
Brenda

Wishin' & Hopin' & Dreamin' of Old-fashioned Days
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  2:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Georgia Farmgirls, I live in Wilkes County right outside of Washington, GA...Nice to meet all of you..too bad I don't live closer...would love to join ya'll.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Noras granddaughter
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Brenda
GA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  5:14:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Penny,
Wish we could all get together too. Maybe someday we will.
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  5:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the recipe! I'm debating what to do with my powder...this is a great idea! :)

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  3:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey
Georgia Farmgirls
Do ya'll meet somewhere? Maybe I live close enough I could come too (?).

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Go to Top of Page

Noras granddaughter
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Brenda
GA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  5:42:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Donna,
Our meetings are the 2nd Saturday of the month in an actual Henhouse! - well, it's our Henhouse anyway, at 10:30 A.M. The Henhouse is located at 7645 Bannister Road, Cumming, GA 30028. See the website at: http://www.georgiafarmgirls.com/ for more information, or email Mary Ann at georgiafarmgirls@aol.com. We have a blast at our meetings. It would be great to meet a new sister. :)
BTW, I'm Farmgirl Sister #191.
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  6:25:21 PM  Show Profile
I live in Cedartown. I'm about 60 miles northwest of Atlanta. I think it would be too far. Oh well. Maybe someone will start one a little closer.

Donna Farmgirl Sister #1487

Wheather therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Go to Top of Page

Noras granddaughter
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Brenda
GA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  6:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Yes, that's far. There are some of us who live in Cobb County. We have never been able to form a formal group, but maybe we should get a group together and meet you half-way somewhere in Paulding County somewhere, sometime.
B.

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic New ChillOver Recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page