Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Woman's Rabbits Taken - Not To A Better Place.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Woman's Rabbits Taken - Not To A Better Place. Next Topic
Page: of 2

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  5:30:48 PM  Show Profile
well if the woman was fined already, hopefully meaning there was a detailed investigation and notes made, then why did the humane people neglect to give her place a follow up
this is what sucks bc there are just people picking up after, in this case the lives of those little creatures.
why didnt she turn them loose would have been more humane than to keep them confined.
actually i think these humane people should themselves be fined if they neglect to use their thought processes at work and apply their selves to be thorough and committed to protecting these animals.
after all theyre doing a job someone is waiting to do, and why should they not do their best?
oh, i could go on and on
take care all and god bless, pray for the animals too, they are in need too

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  6:02:55 PM  Show Profile
Martha, I think you need to re-read the story, according to the post I made, its the true story of what happened. Beleive me, the humane people were in there and doing their jobs as soon as they knew there was a problem,this second time in was the follow up, which shows she did nothing more for them, the original link in the 1st post in this thread was not the truth, and Fiddlehead Farm did not know that till after she posted...also turning the rabbits lose, would have been a death sentece for them all, especialy the condition they all were in...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

Edited by - oldbittyhen on Aug 22 2011 6:08:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  01:22:23 AM  Show Profile
I didnt actually read any of the links, just chiming in to a topic of interest to me...I dont mean to sound harsh but its true the "humane" people have not got it all figured out, or there wouldnt be SOOOOOOO many problems, yeah I know people love to say it could be worse, sure thats possible.
OK so point Im trying to make is, if there was a sense of animals being endangered, and someone knew about it and did nothing..........points to whats it going to be a constantly picking up after people, who dont know what to do when overwhelmed.
And there are lots of stories like that.
Education, hello! I once heard of something called 4H in college, no idea what thats all about.
But something like that, you know, for EVeryone, wouldnt that help change things for the better?

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  01:43:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh BTW did you ever hear the saying death is not the worst of evil? and also, has anyone here ever tried to lose weight?
you can be starving and hungry for a long long time before you become emaciated...
I thought a little more about it could be worse. No it couldnt, those animals suffered it all, real suffering, and then death? thats it folks, as bad as it CAN get.
yes, i hope the people responsible for this kind of thing are forced into a life where they have to confess and deal with their issues, and perhaps prevented from being "left off the hook" until they do. In other words, given all the time they need to come up with an answer to satisfy those of us who they have offended.
Have I been over thinking this?

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page

andwhathaveya
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Tiffany
Beckley WV
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  8:30:41 PM  Show Profile
That made me want to cry! What kind of person would make animals live in those conditions? Oh, I'm mad!

Farmgirl #3468
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  06:35:45 AM  Show Profile
I did not read the entire story, but too bad we can't contact this woman and invite her to this forum.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Woman's Rabbits Taken - Not To A Better Place. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page