willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  3:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm new here so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Julie. My husband and I just celebrated our 6 year anniversary yesterday. I grew up in Vermont where my mom worked for the Billings Farm and Museum and National Park. That is how I first became a farmgirl. I couldn't get enough of the place and was there as often as I could volunteering and even working one summer. I moved to arkansas (where my hubby was from) 6 years ago. We have a 300 acre farm that consists of horse pasture, hay fields and soybeans. We raise english mastiff dogs. Both of us have paying jobs as teachers. I teach k-12 art in a rural school. My husband is the k-12 GT teacher and HS journalism teacher. I just started an online business. My goal is to sell my handmade jewelry, baskets and artwork. I have started a small herb "farm" and hope to be selling my herbs online by the spring time. I love doing anything artsy or craftsy. I LOVE to cook and garden. Anyway I am excited about finding this place and letting my farmgirl shine though.

If you are interested in checking out my new website it is www.willowtreecreek.com. I have several things ready to put up "for sale" and they will be online by tomorrow (mon, July 31) night! If you have any comments or suggestions PLEASE let me know!

Julie

I'm just getting my business started! No products available yet (check back Aug 1)but you can view my site at www.willowtreecreek.com!

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  4:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Julie!! Your plans sound so fun and I know you will like visiting here. YOu will fit right in!!
I will have to check out your website now..sounds like fun!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  6:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Julie,
Welcome and so glad you could join us! I absolutely love New England!! In Fact that is where I hope to settle in the next 1-3 years! What a big difference to move to Arkansas! But there are some beautiful places there and I think it is wonderful that you have a farm of your own!! I look forward to hearing all about your adventures and changes as you start all these new ventures! See you around!
Hugz!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  6:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
Welcome! Your farm sounds wonderful and I can't wait to see the web site. Will be looking forward to the herbs for sale. I LOVE Billings farm and museum. My Brother-in-law and sister-in-law live in Bethel so we go when we visit them. You will love this place. All the gals are just wonderful and full of good ideas and advice. They are also very encouraging. It's addictive! Have fun!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Lazycreek
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Charlee
Mt Ida AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  6:34:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie!

I live in Arkansas too-----between Hot Springs and Mt Ida. I am a nurse and I do pottery and of course am a farm girl at heart. You will love it here. As for branching out with your art---You Go Girl!!

Charlee

www.Lazycreekstudio.com

Believe in the power of your dreams
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  8:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
welcome julie,
i think you will love this site. your farm and online business sounds wonderful. ill be anxious to check out your site when you get your pics up. welcome from north texas.
fran
Go to Top of Page

PinCurlGirl
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Iisha
Hillsborough NJ
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  8:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Julie. Welcome to you! I'm headed home to AR on Thursday (the Northeast part of the state) and cannot wait to get to Greers Ferry lake with my whole family. Your place sounds really cool. My mom has decided that she thinks Arkansas is paradise (even though she lives in Little Rock and loves the city), I'm not quite to that belief yet, but I may be heading that way. I'm currently in NJ but am looking to head south again ASAP!! Take care, Iisha
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  9:48:54 PM  Show Profile
welcome aboard Julie!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  4:00:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Julie!!

Sounds like your life is going in the best direction! I am thrilled for you about the farm. I am a teacher too, but like you, I long for the outdoors and get out there every chance I get. My favorite place on earth is Vermont. My husband, who hated to travel, is getting hooked on Vermont too. We go there every summer for 5 days. I go more often than that, though. I am looking for a farm somewhere upstate, NY, that reminds me of Vermont. Because of the retirement taxes, I can only go to so many states and not be taxed. Unfortunately, Vermont is not on the list of NY teachers retirement places. You will love this site. I look at it every day and read about all of the girls and their lives.

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  08:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Julie! I love that name (I have a daughter (8) who is named Julia) Your farm sounds lovely...and oh how I wish my kids could go to school at your rural school.
I am happy to "meet" you, and i will be watching your website.
Love and light to you~
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  12:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kate! I am glad to "meet" everyone too!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Arkansas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page