Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Set Home Page to MJF Site But Can't Change - Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Set Home Page to MJF Site But Can't Change - Help Next Topic  

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  6:03:31 PM  Show Profile
I set my home page on my Internet Explorer browser to the Forum. I have tried to change it to a different page but it won't let me. I even installed a couple of programs that tried to change the home page and got an error message saying I was not a system administrator and couldn't change the settings. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Kay

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  6:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Kay,

Have you tried going to Tools in your IE menu and selecting Internet Options? Then go to the General Tab. If you do that from the page you want to set as your home page, you should be able to select USE CURRENT and then select APPLY at the bottom of the menu.

If this doesn't work, then hopefully someone else with more computer knowlege than I will reply and help you out. (and it wouldn't take much to know more than I do )
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  6:57:04 PM  Show Profile
Go to MY Computer - select internet options - under 'homepage' type in the internet search engine you want to use e.g. Google, MSN, etc.

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  6:58:33 PM  Show Profile
You have to type in something like this: http://www.google.com/
Hope this helps
Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Edited by - quilt8305 on Jul 28 2006 6:59:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  10:49:52 AM  Show Profile
I have done all this and it won't change. It's like the setting has been captured by the MJ page.

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  8:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kay. There's nothing in our site that would "capture" your Internet browser. For some reason, your browser isn't clearing its "cache" where it holds things in memory. My Internet Explorer browser at home has been compromised by spyware. It can happen pretty easily these days. If you can't get it to change by changing your settings, then restarting your computer, you can always reinstall your browser.

Good luck!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  9:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Perhaps something got locked on that page and you need a password to unlock something to change it....or it may be something under accounts where you'd do that. Or try the help button and look up system administrator and see if it says anything. Computers can be so frustrating!!! I have a mac and I'm still learning about it. Hope you figure it out.

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."

Edited by - OregonGal on Jul 29 2006 9:55:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic Set Home Page to MJF Site But Can't Change - Help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page