Page: of 2

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  11:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
I love hashbrowns cooked crispy. Everything goes with them. Not a coffee drinker, but have started almost every morning since high school with a large glass of chocolate milk. I'm not going to tell you when I graduated - lol.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

JessieLovesToCraft
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Jessie
Loxahatchee FL
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  04:49:05 AM  Show Profile
I'd choose chocolate milk over coffee any day haha and crispy hashbrowns are simply the best...

Farmgirl Sister #3404
Jessie

A wise girl knows her limits, but a real girl realizes she doesn't have any!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  07:48:44 AM  Show Profile
This is my new fave breakfast! We had this at an adult family get-together this weekend! Can't wait to try it with my kids and grandkids!
Omelets in a bag. Take a freezer bag for each person eating. Put his/her name on it. Start a large pan of water to boil (like if you were boiling corn on the cob). Have as many eggs as you might need ready to crack. Put your omelet fillings in separate bowls. (We had chopped onions, mushrooms, shredded cheese, tomatoes. Have each diner crack the number of eggs they would like into the bag. Close bag and smoosh eggs. I just had one but still smooshed it. Then each person adds whatever condiments they choose. Close bag again and smoosh. Then open bag, squeeze air out, close bag, and place in boiling water. Takes just a few minutes and no mess. Slips right out of bag and onto plate. Served with bacon. Yum!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  09:13:18 AM  Show Profile
What can i say? Mary Beth, you are the best! Your blog has made me more interested in cooking from scratch than I have been in YEARS. I finally figured out how to see the pictures and I am just loving going thru your blog...thank you so much for sharing!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  09:47:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh Janiee, you've made my day!!!! Thank you so much for your words. That just means so much!! BTW, just a "it's a small world" kinda thing, my son just moved back to Oklahoma to a new job from Waco where he had been a professor at Texas State Technological College there. :-) My niece is still there finishing up at Baylor.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  9:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Judith, what a great idea. Can't wait to try it. I love the no mess part!

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Pedro
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Diana
Bremen Ohio
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  2:03:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey Tina, How do you make Tomato Gravy?? Would love to try it. One my faves for breakfast is greek yogurt with fresh peaches, and honey. Sprinkled with ground flax seeds.

Di@ShadyPines
Go to Top of Page

luckilady
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Jennifer
Loxahatchee Fl
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  05:16:26 AM  Show Profile
My fave breakfasts are cinnamon bread with almond butter, eggs benedict, and my husband's spicy scrambled eggs on Sunday mornings. All with my morning tea of course :)

~Jennifer

Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. ~ John Maxwell

Farmgirl Sister #3375
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's Your Favorite Breakfast? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page