Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Has anyone ever been given the Lupron shots?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Has anyone ever been given the Lupron shots? Next Topic  

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  11:27:23 AM  Show Profile
What's been your experience? How long did you have to take them? How long did the side effects (if any) last once you were done? What did you have to take it for?

At the end of September, I am suppose to start taking these shots for 4 months to shrink large fibroids before being scheduled for surgery. I'm not one who just says, "okay," and goes along with whatever the doctor says without my own research. Even though it may turn out that way despite my efforts, I still like to know all there is to know, so I don't fell like I'm in the dark.

So in doing some research, I'm not liking what I see, but some of it is also on the pharmesutical(sp?) sites so those reviews will definitely be slanted. Other places and forums give other women's experiences, and some are down-right frightenening, but I don't know those women.

So I come to the place that I know best, my farmgirl friends, who I know will give me the best bird's eye view - for sure, testimonies that I can trust.

So can any of you help me out? Thanks much for your honest input.
Blessings to you this day and always.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  2:13:09 PM  Show Profile
i had three of them to shrink fibroids.hot flashes not the greatest feelings , but i had to get rid of those dam fibroids. all went well and years later im still here.lol(and know more pain) randi
Go to Top of Page

Audrey D Abbott
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Audrey
Williamsport IN
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  04:00:06 AM  Show Profile
DD had laproscopic surgery for endometriosis this month. She received her first lupron shot last week and began feeling much, much better rapidly.
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  12:56:12 PM  Show Profile
A friend of mine had these and they were very painful and not terribly helpful to her. Lots of side effects! I know I'm chiming in late but have you looked into embolization for the fibroids? It's much less invasive and works really well from what I've read.

I had a benign tumor on my kidney embolized and not uterine fibroids but it's basically the same procedure. Less scaring, less recovery time. I didn't have any pain other than during the procedure either, although I've been told with uterine the day after is just horrid but then you're good.

Hope that helps.

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  1:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Lynda, go to the pharmaceutical site that actually manufactures the Lupron. They must, by law, list all known side effects that were shown in their studies before the FDA approved it. The site should also tell you the percentage of people with those side effects in the study group. It should hopefully give you some peace of mind as to what you're actually heading into.
Whatever the route you choose to take, at least it will be an informed one.
I wish you well.
Di
Go to Top of Page

Isagenix Mom
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Jackie
West Chester PA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  5:57:54 PM  Show Profile
I received the shoots for six months straight for endometriosis. I Have to tell you each person reacts and side effects are different for each. The shoots, from what I was told, are the same that they give to men with prostate cancer so it changes your hormones levels. I did have hot flashes (eat popcicles in the middle of the night) and I did lose a good amount of hair (it grew back).

Let your loved ones know because you will be very emotional (mood swings, crying, etc) and it is ok because it is natural due to the hormonal changes. Your not going crazy and you are not alone.

Let me know if you just need someone to talk to.

Jackie
Isagenix Mom
jmarchitell@verizon.net

Isagenix: Healthier and Wealthier
www.jackiemarchitell.isagenix.com

Cleanse 4 Life and Happiness
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Has anyone ever been given the Lupron shots? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page