Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe Next Topic  

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  3:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
While my mom, Ceejay, and I were on the Farmgirls On The Loose Roadtrip we were fed some absolutely amazing food made by some blessed farmgirls! One of which was this homemade salad dressing that was delicious!! WOW!!! When I got home to my store bought dressing, it just didn't have the same pizzazz! So here I am wanting to turn a new leaf! What is that new leaf? To make my own salad dressings! Here's where you come in! Would you share your favorite dressing recipe(s) with the rest of us? What are your homemade salad dressing recipe(s)?

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ www.aspenforge.com

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  1:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Mine are pretty simple. I do a balsamic vinagrete and a honey mustard. For the vinagrete I pour equal amounts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar into a container, adjustable to taste. Sometimes I add garlic powder, other times not. That's it. As for the honey mustard, again about equal parts but you can adjust to your taste and just a little water. Mix it all. It helps if you have made sure the honey is in liquid form first by LOW heat. The water cuts it down just enough. Sorry I don't have precise measurements, but I never use them, just wing it. The honey mustard is my favorite and I usually have some in the fridge.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  07:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Laurie! These sound easy and delicious!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ www.aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page