Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Peach and Lavender Butter recipie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Peach and Lavender Butter recipie Next Topic  

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  7:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Peach and Lavender Butter from Canning & Preserving with Ashley English:

You will need:
3 lb peaches
1/3c water
2T fresh or dried lavender buds
3 T lemon juice
1-1/2 T lemon zest
3C granulated sugar

To prepare:

1. Blanch the peaches about 30 sec. each and shock in ice water so that the skins slip off. Peel, pit, and chop roughly.

2.bring 1/3 c water to a boil, place lavender buds in a small bowl. Pour in the boiling water and steep for 15 minutes. strain the liquid through a mesh sieve and set aside.

3.sterilize 6 half pint mason jars, lids and screw rings. Fill a canner with water bring to a boil, turn off and set aside.

4.combine the lavender water, peaches, lemon juice and zest in a heavy pan and bring to a boil over med-high heat. reduce the heat and simmer for 15 min. until the peach mixture thickens and clings to a spoon. remove from heat.

5. Once the peach mixture has cooled slightly, either press it through a food mill or fine meshed sieve, or puree using a food processor or immersion blender. (I LOVE MY STICK BLENDER THINGY)

6. return the puree to the pan, add sugar and lavender buds, bring the mixture to a gentle boil over med heat. Stir continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved. reduce the heat and simmer 25 minutes.

7. Place hot jars on a kitchen cloth and pack the butter into the jars, use a non-metallic spatula to remove any trapped air bubbles and wipe the rim and threads of the jars clean with a damp cloth.
place lids an screw bands.

8. process in a water bath for 10 minutes (adjust for your altitude)

For a variation add 1/2t allspice, 1/2 t ground cloves, 1t cinnamon.

I cannot describe how beautiful this made my kitchen smell!

The book I got this recipe from is splendid, I highly recommend it! I have not made a single bad thing from this book!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Peach and Lavender Butter recipie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page