Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 We need your help with our cover! UPDATE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic We need your help with our cover! UPDATE! Next Topic
Page: of 5

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2011 :  7:01:48 PM  Show Profile
I think 2 is the best one too. Maryjane looks as beautiful as ever and the bar without a color background informs us what is in the magazine without detracting from the gorgeous picture.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  05:13:50 AM  Show Profile
I pick #2, too!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  05:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Number 2 is perfect. Easy to read and we still get the full photography. Good photo's are as important as the written material to me.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  2:32:29 PM  Show Profile
#2. You get a bigger view of the picture (as in more background) which gives you a bigger concept of what the picture itself it about. In other words, I'd like to see the background of a field IN the picture of someone with a bushel of pears versus just someone cut out and showing just her and her pears.

The snippets of what's inside towards the left withOUT the bar let's you view what's in the issue but isn't overshadowing the picture itself. Having the bar is too much 'clutter' to a magazine front and I think Mary Jane's is too classy (as farm girls can be!) to have it look like the other mags on the market. Let MJF's stand out as a mag with some panache!

And BTW, what a cute pic of MaryJane!

Farmgirl Sister #2984

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." George Eliot

http://farmchicatheart.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

WoodstreamDreambyNicole
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Nicole
Marlton NJ
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  2:36:17 PM  Show Profile
Cover 2, it's crisp with the picture, but still has text available for information. I like that the text isn't all over the picture. I like that there isn't a distracting bar on the cover.

Nicole
Shop
www.woodstreamdream.etsy.com
Custom Creations
www.woodstreamdream.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  6:51:02 PM  Show Profile
Cover two!!!! Photo should take all.......That is what meets the eye first, copy second. Don't cheat the photo.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5094 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5094 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  6:56:22 PM  Show Profile
I like it better without the bar, it interupts the Beauty of the picture on the cover too much!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  5:11:15 PM  Show Profile
#2 is perfect and lovely

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  4:27:34 PM  Show Profile
#2 is a winner for me. Gooseberry farm? Yes please! Organic turkey dinner? Heck yes! I think what it boils down to, for me, in this cover, is the muted, toned down colors-perfect for fall. You can just imagine MaryJane taking those potatoes in to make a nice soup, or chicken pot pie. You can almost feel the chill of the morning air on the cover of that magazine!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Candace
St Cloud MN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  3:25:32 PM  Show Profile
I choose number 1. It is so much easier to read the cover text on the bar. My opinion is that it will stand out better on the newsstands also. People give things a 5 second scan. You need to grab them in those 5 seconds with what's on the cover. I believe the mixture of the great photo and the easy to read text in the bar will do that.

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Edited by - sweettea on Aug 17 2011 3:30:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  10:12:15 AM  Show Profile
We can't thank you enough for how helpful your comments have been. This was essentially two separate surveys. The first survey came in at 60% for w/o a bar and the second survey (once we narrowed it down) came in at 80% w/o a bar. Your comments were so thoughtful and some of them thorough and MIGHTY helpful. We went without the bar but with concise boxed-in text as if the bar were still there. When you get it, let us know what you think.

You should be receiving our Oct/Nov (Imagine a Place) in the mail in another 2-3 weeks. Again, MANY thanks. We have just the very BEST readers!!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5094 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5094 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  10:21:55 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait for the next issue! I so adore being A farmgirl! and being a part of this wonderful Sisterhood.!
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  05:26:50 AM  Show Profile

http://www.naturemaiden.com/- Soap & Candle
http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/ My Blog
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/farmgirl-crafting-group/ - A group for all farmgirls wanting to share their craft.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic We need your help with our cover! UPDATE! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page