Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 **Halloween Paper Village**Mailed out 9/24
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic **Halloween Paper Village**Mailed out 9/24 Next Topic
Page: of 6

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1502 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  6:10:30 PM  Show Profile
I got my houses yesterday but didn't have time to open the package until today. Wow! They are awesome and I can't wait to hang them up. Thanks Beth for the twine, fabric scraps and clothes pins. Such a creative lady you are!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5142 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5142 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  6:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh these are so cute! but my fireplace is so dirty! gotta call the Chimeny Sweep this week for inside and out! Yikes!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  6:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Beth Jones!

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  6:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Opened mine yesterday, so much fun to pull them out one by one! Beth,than you for putting together the twine and fabric ends, and for including clothespins, so sweet. What a great swap, thank you everyone.

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  05:21:16 AM  Show Profile
Our arrived. Thank you all and thank you Beth for hosting.

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbydoo1966
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

debbie
nj
23 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  09:13:02 AM  Show Profile
I received my package 2 days ago. Thank you everyone. This was my first swap ever. I wasn't exactly sure how to make my houses so they were a little plain. My next one (christmas), will be more festive.
Thank you Beth for putting it all together.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5142 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5142 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  09:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, My first ATC Swap (Artist Trading Cards) were kinda plain. I learned to make them more 3D byusing foam mounting tape.You can get at Wal-Mart or craft stores. Iuse a lot of magazine pics and glitter and decopage glue.I did a lot of decopage in the 1970's and I love it. I personally dont like stickers or too many store bought embellishments. I adore all the ones I get. Art is in the eye of the beholder! I am looking forward to doing better each time too! I like to take magazine pics and add to them, and recycle at the same time! Also on my halloween House Roofs, I used paint sample cards from Lowes and Wal-mart and they are Free!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5142 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5142 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  09:52:31 AM  Show Profile
I have done 4 of Beth's ATC swaps and This halloween House Swap and just saw that you can send 20 of the same thing! I put so much time and thought into each one, But I would be bored outta my Halloween Skull doing 20 of the same thing! That is what makes it fun to me, going in a totally differnet direction for each one. Well, if I get pressed for time ,nice to know I can do that, I know only one goes to each person, so it really doesn't matter.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  2:59:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Connie :) I am just like you, I sat & did 20 different houses :) I drew mine though. I am just getting the hang of using mixed media in my work, I usually draw. I also take advantage of the paint cards from Lowes. Home Depot & Walmart's are GREAT Too ;) Debbie, I think we all start out alittle plain, until we get the hang of it. Your house I received is just fine by me ;) I loved everyone's work, I smile every time I look at them :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5142 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5142 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2011 :  3:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Me too madeline!I adore them hanging over my fireplace, and my family thinks, it is just the neatest thing ever!! I loved your artist sketch, I can't draw at all!

Imagine ....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5142 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5142 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  09:07:41 AM  Show Profile
Ok, one of my friends tried to buy our Houses!! No!! she offered me $50.00 for them!! No!!She wnet to one of our Fall Fest and said nothing there was as gorgeous as our Houses! I want to know if anyone will tell me if one of these is thier houses, it is the only ones with no name, no date, nothing. I so want to label them before I packed them away Nov.1st.They are sooooooooooooooo Cute!!! Beth can you help ?
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  2:27:58 PM  Show Profile
HI Everyone- Just wanted to share my cute Halloween houses!! Oh my but they look adorable on the mantle!!

I love it that someone saw what was created and offered to buy it! That is testimony to what a terrific job everyone did.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5142 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5142 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  4:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Winnie I was beaming!! for all of us! She was serious!!! Oh I see my House! I loved this swap! Im resting my wrists for the upcoming Christmas Houses, beth Hinted at!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  8:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie :) that's so cool! My house is the skinny one with the ghost and spider on the front to the left in your pic :)

"Life does not seem regular and established when there is no apple-tree in the yard and about the buildings, no orchards blooming in the May and laden in the September, no baskets heaped with the crisp smooth fruits; without all these I am still a foreigner, sojourning in a strange land." [L.H. Bailey, "The Apple-Tree", 1922]
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5142 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5142 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  9:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sissy! I'll write your name and state on the back! Are you going to do the North Pole ones, Beth said she will put the info up when she gets home from her Daughter's House.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic **Halloween Paper Village**Mailed out 9/24 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page