FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  5:47:03 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say that I think your closet plan is brilliant! You MUST show pics when it's done.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  6:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update! Still keeping our fingers crossed for you. What an exciting time!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  05:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow, that is a beautiful place! Congratulations! Definitely want to see the plans when they are ready!

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
http://thefarmwife.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  06:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations...what a wonderful find! Thanks for sharing and keep us updated. I would love to see more!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

sondrak
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Sondra
Colorado Springs CO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  6:20:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Katheryn,

Congrats on finding such a wonderful piece of property. I hope the final stages of your house planning and loan goes through smoothly. Just think this time next year you will preparing to celebrate your first Thanksgiving in your new home.

You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl.
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  6:25:26 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on your great news! How exciting for you and your family :) I hope all your plans come together nicely!

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  11:42:21 PM  Show Profile
Still in waiting mode. I haven't wanted to update because I don't want to jinx the (really long) process. We had our house plans drawn up...nothing over the top and our builders came back with a price that was $125,000 (not a typo) over the TOP of our budget! We asked for a breakdown of the costs but that was before Thanksgiving and we have not heard anything since. We lost over three months on that builder. After moving to someone else we still have to have the previous architect complete the blueprints, have a perk test, survey the property lines, and get another appraisal.

As long as this is taking I know there is a reason. We have been able to almost completely pay off our credit cards, my home business exploded in revenue, my best friend is moving back from England and is buying a house from the same family that owns our land. The house happens to share the property line with our land! On top of that some dear friends who moved to MI two years ago are moving back and they are buying the last 7 acres from the same family (who is selling us our land) and they will live across the lane. Being that there is a grand total of 7 homes on the entire one lane road this is somewhat of a miracle. Double miracle because these two families happen to have my oldest sons two best friends who moved away within 24 hours of each other! If you followed all that congratulations. :)

I still am not going to post pictures until I have a deed in hand. So afraid of jinxing the whole thing.

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  1:58:56 PM  Show Profile

Kathryn,
Congrats. We have 10 1/2 acres half way between Milltown,In. and Hardinsburg,In. . Which about 45 minutes from Louisville. We too are going to build a house and are having Razloff builders build for us. Very happy with the info in the meeting with them.
Rthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  09:41:22 AM  Show Profile
Oooo Kathryn, I hope everything goes smoothly for you! We are in the process of purchasing our first home and little farm (home on 2.58 acres!) and I know how stressful this stuff can be.....

Sister #1213

Handmade and vintage goodies
www.thecapriciouscorgi.etsy.com

Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises. ~ Elizabeth Zimmermann
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  03:30:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello, Kathryn,

I was wondering how things have been going with you and your plans. Sure wish everything will soon fall into place for you. How exciting to have so many friends close by. Sure wish I had close neighbors...I don't even know the names of people on our road.

Yesterday we bought a mobile home to put on our land, either for the former owner of the land or if he doesn't like the home, it will be used as a guest house visitors and an office for dh. It will be moved to our property in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, dh will be wiring my "little house" for me so that I can finally get my craft/sewing things out of our tiny home. Things take time but for me, the wait will be worth it.

Please let us all know when your plans are finalized.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  7:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kathryn, Congratulations on your farm! Hoping that all goes smoothly for you. How nice that you will be close to your friends again.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

osbornefarms
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Leslea
tn
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  8:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Awesome ! That is great keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic We got it!!!!!! Next Topic