crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  12:58:39 PM  Show Profile
I left for work this morning at 7:30am and went home at 12:30 for lunch and pulled in and the neighbors tree fell on my roof. Now mind you these neighbors are home ALL day, they watch every move we make, who comes who goes, has helped themselves to my campfire wood and the list goes on and on....would you think they would call me and let me know that a tree fell on my roof and ripped part of my house off. I have always tied to be kind..we built with Habitat For Humanity 10 years ago, the neighbors were very leary of me and my 3 daughters. We have always tried to share what we have and be kind to them all. I'm upset that they couldn't have given me a call for a headsup..they have all my numbers home, cell and work in case of an emergency.

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  12:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Lori ~ First of all - Thank God no one was hurt. I will be praying for a quick resolution to our problem. Second~ That was truly horrible of your neighbors. If they have all of your numbers they should have called you ASAP. I mean a tree through your roof is a major problem. I honestly don't know what is happenning to peoples' sense of neighborliness lately. Or how about just the sense of "do unto others..." I am sorry for your aggravation but am truly glad no one was hurt.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  12:38:48 PM  Show Profile
That is just so horrible! I will admit, my neighbors would do the same. Isn't it sad that the whole world doesn't behave in the manner of the sisterhood?

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  1:34:59 PM  Show Profile
Well the great news is that no one was hurt, jack my dog had a little puddle but that I can understand- I think I would have too if I had been home! The corner of the roof was damaged and some shingles torn off. The gentelmans company that helped with the roof when we built with HFH will be doing the repairs. He came over last night and I told him I'm a firm believer that the people that gave so much to me and my daughters when we built will get all of my business when the time comes - he was so grateful, that I didn't understand, if he wouldn't have volunteered 10years ago~ I wouldn't have my home.

As for the neighbors I just shake my head..I don't understand. A couple years ago their kitten ran away and we went and hunted and hung flyers, then they never told us that they found her and we were still looking!!! Go figure- I don't EVER want my daughters and I to act like that!!
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  2:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I am so sorry that happened! What a shock to come home to. Was there any water damage inside? Hopefully it was wind and not wind and rain! Glad you are all OK and Jack too.
I don't know what to say about neighbors like yours. I can say they are missing out on a good neighbor! If they would only be just civil it would be more tolerable. Don't think you are alone in this. I hear all kinds of neighbor stories from all parts of the country and all kinds of neighborhoods. Shame people have gotten away from neighborly behavior.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic tree on my little house Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page