Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 To shave or not to shave???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic To shave or not to shave??? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  4:13:12 PM  Show Profile
About the aging thing. Back in my college days, there was a gal who was a theather major. One night just for kicks, she made us up to look old. I looked just like my mom's mom. Not that that's a bad thing. Oh well. I'm a darker blond, so the grey might not be an issue, although I did pluck one this year....and on my 36th BD no less!

What I absoutly can't stand are the "old lady" whiskers that sometimes crop up below or to the side of my chin. These are big, heavy, and black. So they definitely get the 'ole pluckeroo
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  07:06:45 AM  Show Profile
I haven't shaved my legs in nine months since a little after I got pregnant. My hair is light though. But it is thick. Some people have commented on it, others not. I will continue to shave bikini area and underarms though for hygeine and societal reasons.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  08:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I shave every 3 days or so. I spent 3 weeks in TX, practically in a pool or living in tank top and skirts, so I shave every other day. i have dark hair too, so it is noticeable if I don't.

As far as plastic surgery, I think people are way too obsessed. I am only 32 and know women younger than me "fight age" with surgery. WHAT!!! I am on a mission this year to live one year with my white- yes white- hair (about 30% of my head is white- it runs in the family) and no makeup except lip gloss, mascara and some pressed powder. I have had sooo many negative comments about my hair- mostly from women too uncomfortable with their own aging they have to comment. Aging is natural and I don't want to look like a everyone else through surgery. Did you notice how all these people look alike??

I think surgery is appropriate when necessary- horrible disfigurement, burns, acne, medical reason, etc.

This wide eyed, look like you never blink, permanent smile look is scary to me!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic To shave or not to shave??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page