walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  7:02:57 PM  Show Profile
Have any of you dealt with warbles in your barncats? One of my barncats came to the house and I noticed a *hole* in his neck with a dark spot on it. Without wanting to touch him too much, I looked, and went inside and started researching.

I originally thought it was an abcess, but I noticed a dark spot in the hole. I think it's a warble!

Now, this is a barncat, and as much as I love all my animals, I CANNOT afford to spend a bunch of money to get him treated. That's just the long and short of it. He and 5 other kittens were abandoned by mama. We've gotten them fixed, and that's all we're investing in them.

But I hate seeing anything wrong with him. :( Have any of you been able to get rid of these things without major monetary investment?

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  8:13:02 PM  Show Profile
I managed to squeeze one out one day and it shot out and across the driveway. Then I found out it can be dangerous to pop the warble and release the toxin in his blood. So, if you can get a little alcohol into the wound or squeeze it out without popping it, go ahead. Be sure to clean out the wound after it's gone.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Warbles? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page